News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

CL Find: '97 for $1850 obo in Austin

Started by Dr. Mordo, December 31, 2008, 05:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Mordo

1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

JetdocX

Maybe I can sweet talk Dr. Mordo into going to look at it?

If you are game, PM me, I have a list of stuff I'd like to see starting with color. :wink:

Thanks! :D
From parts unknown.

Kiwi Tiger

Networking at its best.
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

Dr. Mordo

I would do it happily, but I am leaving town on the 2nd for two weeks, and I don't think we could complete a transaction before then.  But if you want to PM me your list, I could go look at it, and tell you what I find out.  Then if it looks good, I can give you the seller's contact info.  

Former Tiger owner CBAT lives in Austin.  I bought a Givi case from him a while back.  I'll PM you his cell number.  He might be in a better position to follow thru on the whole deal.

But like I said, I'll be happy to go look and take pictures if you want.

How are you gonna get this bike back to Reno?
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

abruzzi

We can form a chain of tiger owners to move it across the country.  If someone can get it to El Paso, I can probably get it to Tucson.

Geof

jmurguia

Hmmm, I may be able to ride it from Austin/San Antonio to Albequerque when it warms up a bit if there...anybody in New Mexico?

Let me know ahead of time if your serious so I can get a cheap flight home...

...always looking for a reason to ride..."Honey I'll be back, gotta help some of my Tiger-peeps..."   HHHHMMMmmmmmmm.....
2006 Triumph Tiger - BEST BIKE I\'VE OWNED!

JetdocX

Thanks, guys!  I'll pass on the parts bike, though.  I don't need two POS bikes occupying my garage, one is enough.  I found a guy in Houston who can replace the intake vale seats on mine.   :wink:
From parts unknown.

Stretch

That's good news.  How much?

JetdocX

Well, it will be comparable to the used head from Baxter, but IMO, that head at 35,000 miles is an unknown quantity and extremely expensive for used parts.

If the guides are good, I'll need to buy new intake valves and the total price should come in just under what the used head would cost.
From parts unknown.