News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear sprocket for me Girly?

Started by Cos, April 07, 2009, 06:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

So, the Tiger's been up and running for a few days. All is well with the world.

However, what i'm realizing is:
A) I won't be doing the kind of distances on an Interestate that i used to cover in the States.

B) I do a lot more city, splitting lanes type commuting

So, i think i'm going to lose the rear 44t sprocket and go back to the 46 to get some more "snap" out of the old Girl.

So, i know a bunch of us use these:

http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html?&L ... id=3833&p=

I've also found that Renthal makes a hard anodized sprocket for the Tiger. Does anyone have experience with a Renthal Sprocket on their Tiger?

I did check out these guys:
http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/triumph ... -835-p.asp

but they want 22 pounds for the actual sprocket (sure, no problem) and 50 pounds for shipping (no freakin way).

So, JT, Renthal, or what?

JetdocX

Cos....to gain low end go down in size on the front or go UP in size on the rear or both.  Now back to our scheduled Cyprus ride report sans pictures. :evil:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

Cos

Quote from: "JetdocX"Cos....to gain low end go down in size on the front or go UP in size on the rear or both.  Now back to our scheduled Cyprus ride report sans pictures. :evil:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That's what i said, isn't it? Have 44, want to go back to stock 46?

JetdocX

D'oh!  You edited your first post, right? :oops:
From parts unknown.

Cos

Stretch

It might be easier and cheaper to swap the front sprocket for a 17 (18 is stock).  I usually keep a 19 on the bike, since I do quite a bit of highway miles commuting, but I put a 17 on there when I spent a couple days on the TAT last year.  The 17 is great for quick starts and rolling through the gears in quirky terrain.

Just a thought.  And you know how dangerous that can be.  :mrgreen:

JetdocX

I know Cos.  If he can't see it it doesn't exist.  For all he knows there's a squirrel running on a wheel in there driving the chain. :lol:
From parts unknown.

Stretch

Yeah, but it's a bad ass squirrel.

Are you talkin' to me?  You wanna piece of me!?!

Cos

Youse guys are reeeeeeal funny.  :lol:

Is it that much more difficult to swap out the rear?

Cos

Well, 46t rear is back on the bike.

Wooo-hoooooooooo!!!  :wav

Living in Cyprus, the stock gearing is pretty much perfect. I do a lot of city commuting, filtering through cars etc, our stretch of highway isn't really that long  :lol:...i'm good.