News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Blue coolant???? Wiring update

Started by Cleaverid, January 03, 2009, 11:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleaverid

I was checking my coolant level and noticed it is blueish in color.  Is that a bike specific coolant type or do I have an issue?  What brand might it be so I can continue to use the same stuff?  I couldn't see any oil in it.  It was just checked out by the dealer before I bought it so I would hope no problem exists.
Cleav
Always look downstream

outrunner

It is probably down to which antifreeze/corrosion inhibitor has been used in the cooling system. The coolant in my 06 Tiger is a reddish colour (and no, it's not rust) so I do not think you have anything to worry about.  :)

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

jmurguia

I did @ 800 miles last weekend through west Texas...great ride, but woke up to 27 degrees Sunday morning in Ozona, Tx!!!

Now my coolant level is low on my 06 and looks blue in color also.  Do you think I can use the BMW coolant I bought for my wife's former MINI Cooper? (former b/c we sold it for our first baby in August and now have a Subaru Tribeca next to my Tiger in the garage)...

If not, please advise a clueless owner what to use, THANKS!, JCM
2006 Triumph Tiger - BEST BIKE I\'VE OWNED!

Cleaverid

Thanks for the replys, guys.  I hate having to ask a stupid question but am a little paranoid.  I'll contact my dealer on monday and see what they use, I would like to add a little also but until I figure out what it is.... on a different note I just finished my Sasquatch wiring mod, what a diference!!!! 14.8 volts at idle now compared to 12.8 before.  Drops to 14.7 at higher RPM. Sweet! Here are a couple of pics and some of the swiched fuseblock/relay unit I'm installing for my aux lights/radar detector/gps power source.
Always look downstream

Cleaverid

Found out that the Blue coolant is what some BMW's use. I'm switching to Prestone since my head has been removed due to a leaky gasket.

Cleave
Always look downstream