News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tools to Tour with on a 2000 Tiger?

Started by Jon KB, February 13, 2009, 05:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon KB

I purchased a Tiger a few States away, I'm planning to go get it and drive it back. With that in mind I'm putting together a tool kit to bring along. I've researched the web and found enough information to be confused so I thought I'd show my list here and ask do I need all this?

I'm told the stock tool kit is on the bike and the bike comes with the service manual.

3/8 Drive ratchet
      Torx bits T-55, T-40, T-30, T-25
Allen wrenches, metric
      3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 12
Sockets, metric
      19, 22, 27, 36, 46
Vice Grips
Crescent wrench, 8"
knife
Screwdriver with bits
Flashlight, hand cranked needs no battery
Tire Irons, qty 2 length 16"
Slime air compressor & Slime
Inner Tubes 17" & 19"
Zip ties
JB weld Putty Stick (steel or aluminum hardness?)
Duct Tape
Electrician's tape
Wire, electrical 14 gauge
Wire, all purpose bailing
Shop rag
Hose repair kit, what size hoses?
hose clamps
One marine roadside flare

So what am I missing?

What don't I need for roadside repairs?
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com

Stretch

Spare stator, regulator / rectifier, and a multimeter.

Maybe 6-8 feet of 3/8-inch fuel line for a siphon hose... you never know.

You have a good list going.

PeteH

Would it not be easier to take out some breakdown cover :wink:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Stretch

I used a siphon hose in Alaska a couple years ago when my dumb ass pumped diesel into a rental V-Strom.

And I had a regulator failure last year out on the TransAmerica Trail.  Had I had spare parts, I could have continued the trip within the alloted time, but alas, no.

A few spare parts, a good tool kit, and some mechanical know-how is cheaper than towing insurance.  And more satisfying.

JasonS

Quote from: "Stretch"I used a siphon hose in Alaska a couple years ago when my dumb ass pumped diesel into a rental V-Strom.

And I had a regulator failure last year out on the TransAmerica Trail.  Had I had spare parts, I could have continued the trip within the alloted time, but alas, no.

A few spare parts, a good tool kit, and some mechanical know-how is cheaper than towing insurance.  And more satisfying.

Is this regulator a std part? Do you have a part n umber and/or source? Is it a triumph only item or more generic than that?

thanks!! I plan to pick one up for my 15-20k trip this summer!
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

Stretch

You can get them here for a fraction of a dealer's price for the Triumph parts.

http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/

Get a stator and regulator... when one goes, it usually takes out the other.