News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triple Connection

Started by Tom Herold, February 01, 2009, 02:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Herold

I love craigslist!

I usually spend a few minutes a day looking through the motorcycle classified ads for anything that might catch my eye.

A couple of days ago there was an ad for some riding gear, the guy had sold his bike a few months back and was hoping to buy another, but it just wasn't coming together, so he wanted to sell his gear.

He listed a leather riding jacket for $50, with something about Triumph in the discription....... he has my attention at this point, so I call and he was vague about it.

I head over to his place and it's an older Triple Connection jacket, Triumph Motorcycles stitched in black on the left chest, removable liner, armored at the shoulders and arms, zipper vented better than any other jacket I've seen outside of mesh. This must have been an expensive jacket in its time.

His wife even made the comment it looked better on me than him...... maybe it was the big silver Tiger sitting in the driveway getting to her...... she was hot...... anyway, I threw down the $50 and rode away grinnin'!

I do have to admit, with the armour in, it's a bit snug, but with it out it's nice! It's a great Spring, early Summer and Fall jacket. A great find, craigslist rocks!
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton