News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Kneedraggers...just be careful and clear on orders

Started by cwdrifter, January 31, 2009, 02:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwdrifter

Unless you love being 'bait and switched' and having a simple brake pad order fouled up twice.  
I simply ordered 2 sets of fronts and one set of rears.  (they had a special for $15.00 on close out sets (1 front 1 rear) so I buy them.
The form confirms on line.  then I get the order back in my email and Viola, there is only 1 set at $15 and two sets at $27 plus..gee double the price almost...I don't fight it...and just say OK after physically calling long distance from CA to DE and getting the "someone else beat me' to the other set of closeouts...hmmm..someone at kneedragges I assume now.

Well then I get the package a week later (mind you I can't ride as I have torn the bike down and need the rears BAD).  What I receive is 2 sets of pads for 'something"...who knows what...but not a TIGER.  and one set of fronts.  
I scan the fronts and scan my worn out back pads...call and get a return UPS email. (at least they paid to ship em back).  So now I think, gee I showed them I got one set of fronts  correct,  This is what the back looks like (scan)..so send me one front and one back.  

Today I get one set of fronts.  HUH!!!??   I email them and say, forget the other set just give me credit.  I
You'd think in these 'hard times' they would want to 'satisfy' a brand new customer..but I guess they are just to dang close to the DuPont plant and some kind of chemicals to be able to transalte a picture and read my return letter.  Oh, and I am almost going on one month now that FEI HU (flying tiger) hasn't been in the wind!!!

Next time, I bite the bullet and run down the the local Triumph Dealer and buy the parts ...three times the aftermarket or not!!!  I shudder to think if I ONLY had the internet to buy parts[/b]
85 Suzuki SP 600
IBA # 21941

HappyMan

That's unfortunate.  Sure sucks when they mess things up like this and your waiting to put your bike back together....

Thanks for the heads up.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Kiwi Tiger

Himm.  Most of the internet guys are good.  I make a few enquiries before I deal with them.  Down under we have most things but now and again i have to buy off shore.  Been great so far.

Who was your dealer who gave you the hassle?
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

adrian jones

I had a similar problem, but Kneedraggers handled it fast and efficiently.
Ordered rear pads for Tiger...they sent something, but didn't even LOOK like the Tiger pads. I Called, they shipped the correct ones, with a return shipper tag , swapped 'em out dropped the box at UPS and no worries.

Not defending kneedraggers, just FYI........they seem to have an issue with getting the right thing in the box the first go round. But have done well by me since.
Trying to reason with hurricane season.........

cwdrifter

but two tries to get it right with all the documentation I sent was a wonderment.
85 Suzuki SP 600
IBA # 21941

cwdrifter

Kneedraggers came though.  Gave me full credit to my account and still gave me $20 puck bucks..to buy in future.  I hereby retract the 'just say no'...their prices were pretty good. AND I am in the wind again!! woo hoo.
and gees those aftermarket pads actually STOP the bike much quicker than the stockers.
 :D
85 Suzuki SP 600
IBA # 21941

blacktiger

Since the front pads are exactly the same as the rears......................I'm sure had you realized that it would have made life easier.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

John Stenhouse

Quote from: "blacktiger"Since the front pads are exactly the same as the rears......................I'm sure had you realized that it would have made life easier.

Only on the 885i
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Only on the 885i

Most 885i's - but not all. There was a change in the production run.
Bruin\'

John Stenhouse

Erm, when? I have a late 2000 model which has the same pads front and rear, the 955 started in 2001, which I think has the later rear pads.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

cwdrifter

Definately not same pad on 955i in 2006.  The Rears have two pins with holders and one side is different from the other.
Fronts both sides are identical but not like rears.
85 Suzuki SP 600
IBA # 21941

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Erm, when? I have a late 2000 model which has the same pads front and rear, the 955 started in 2001, which I think has the later rear pads.

IIRC
A few early 99's had a leftover caliper. This was something my dealer ran into. I heard it was the demo bikes that shipped early. Not many, and it never made it on the parts fiche.

Having a late 2000 gets you far, far from the issue. I am a big fan of the 885i. I prefer it over the 955 from an electrical standpoint - I wouldn't mind havng the extra horsepower though. 8)
Bruin\'