News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anybody know of problems with the factory center stand?

Started by Dr. Mordo, February 01, 2009, 06:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Mordo

I searche dthe archives but didn't see anything.  The peg you stand on to put the bike on it's center stand seems substantially weakened on my bike.  For a long time it would just bare it stay on the stand, so I took a mallet and bent it forward again so the bike would lean back further.  But now it has been a month or two and it seems like the center stand is dying on me.

Has anybody seen this before, and if it craps the bed where can I get another?

BTW, it has been cold in Texas!  Last week in the mornings it was 32 before wind chill when I was leaving for work.  Without heated gear or grips, that is pretty cold for my 30 min drive to work.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

Mustang

Sw Motech makes a center stand for steamers , and it is the OEM stand that Triumph sold for them .
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2004/501/
$180 bucks

Dr. Mordo

Thanks, that's good to know.  So I guess I'm the only one with problems?  Or were they not that common?  I sorta wonder it it wasn't weakened in a laydown or something; I haven't laid it down, but it had obviously been down a few times when I bought it.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

abruzzi

Quote from: "Dr. Mordo"Thanks, that's good to know.  So I guess I'm the only one with problems?  Or were they not that common?  I sorta wonder it it wasn't weakened in a laydown or something; I haven't laid it down, but it had obviously been down a few times when I bought it.

the lever was broken on mine when I got it.

Geof

John Stenhouse

The OEM stand on the girlies was made of chocolate, mine bent and had to be straightened with a bit of scaffold pole cos it was touching the chain. I think they beefed it up on later models.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Dr. Mordo

Hmm.  I guess I need to examine closely to see if a repair is possible, but I suspect a new stand is in my future.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger