News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

After Tiger, Speed triple won't turn!

Started by AUtiger, February 09, 2009, 01:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUtiger

So I've had my "new" 2000 tiger for maybe 3 weeks now. I ride it when weather permits, but still haven't put a lot of miles on it yet. This weekend the weather was great (70F) both Sat. and Sun. here in AL. I decide I need to take my speed triple off the battery tender and give it a good romp around the neighborhood. First thing I noticed was how high my knees and feet were on the bike, I felt like a horse jockey. I previously never considered the speedy uncomfortable, but now I feel like I am on a gsxr, cbr, zx etc.  Next, the strangest phenomenon was the dang thing didn't won't to turn! I even looked down to make sure the tires weren't flat! I never new better, but this tiger with the wide high bars and narrow rear tire is quite the corner machine. The speedy may be more stable on line, but it takes a lot more work to initiate the turn for sure. I thought I may have trouble letting go of the speedy, but the decision may have just gotten easier.

Do any of you multi-bike owners have machines that are very different in their handling characteristics.

John Stenhouse

Yep, I have a Kwak GPZ 1100 that feels like a pig to turn after getting off the Tiger, you get used to it.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Tom Herold

My other rides are a Harley Springer and a Triumph Thunderbird. It's very easy for me to gett off either of them and jump on the Tiger and instantly feel better. But going back the other way, from teh Tiger to either of them takes some getting used to.

The Harley's a pig, plain and simple. But I own it and I like it, so I endure its shortcomings.

The Thunderbird feels cramped and just too small now, so the wife's taking it over.  I'll spin it around the block, or across town once in a while, but when I'm done with them, I can't wait to get back on the Tiger.

If I ever have to go down to just one bike, The Tiger's the one staying and the other's won't be missed.
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

flux

You think it turns now, lower the forks in the clamps an inch or so...

Bixxer Bob

I have the same problem getting back on my Blackbird after the Tigger.  In comparison it feels about 8ft long.  :?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Kiwi Tiger

I lowered mine 30mm.  :shock:  It corners better, but you do have to hang onto the bars. :wink:
Silver 2006 955i Tiger