News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Regarding Charging System Failures

Started by Stretch, February 11, 2009, 03:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

I know that this is an ancient thread, but I'm doing a bunch of work on the ol girl this month and am wondering about things to do for an extended road trip. My tiger has about 25k on the clock, and am thinking about this upgrade. Any recommendations?  Does Rick have a website?
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

brad1098

Do you know if the system is factory?  I personally would not travel far without the charging system sorted.  It can fail in a hurry. 

I have Stretch's backup system in my bike.  Not sure why he built a backup since it is bulletproof.

Ricks stator, CBR 1000 Mofset regulator, maxi fuse and ZERO wire connectors to overheat, melt, reduce flow and fail.
02 black-Lorna

Chris Canning

It's already been mentioned on here but when I fitted mine blimey did it pep the motor up  :icon_lol:,but since then it's been in bits with the sus problem so I'm looking forward to trying it when it's all back together,but in recent years I've carried a spare when travelling.

lukeman

My bike had 19,000 on it and wouldn't charge worth anything.  I assume the PO just put it on a charger all the time because it lasted like 5 days or daily riding before it wouldn't crank.

I put one of these from ebay.

SHINDENGEN MOSFET FH020AA REGULATOR/RECTIFIER KIT

Its pretty much plug and play and the latest tech.