News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wikipedia's most glaring omission...

Started by Nick Calne, July 03, 2009, 08:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Friday afternoon and I'm inventing ways to make it the weekend sooner, so I'm messing about on the internet rather than working and found myself browsing wikipedia articles on the mighty triumph tiger...

There is a roadie article, there's a Girly article but hey, what the....?  where's the steamer article?

I couldn't let this oversight go unresolved and well I've started the ball rolling with the little I know, but as a relatively new steamer pilot could only go so far....anyone else wanna throw some words at it?   :qgaraduate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_900
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Birdy68

Added my 2p worth....

Photos will follow.
Birdy68
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Leave the pork pies for now - get the sausage rolls while they\'re hot!

nightrunner

A nice entry.  Glad you did it.  A couple points though.  Triumph likes to recycle the names of thier bikes.  The "original" Tiger dates back to early 70's or even further.  Triumph stopping making bikes at some point and then re-entered the market with a vengence in 1993; and re-used several or the old names.

Also, the Girly Tigers (1999+) also have fuel injection.  

S
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

Here's a pretty good reference source for Triumph history...

http://www.ianchadwick.com/motorcycles/triumph/

oxnsox

Great link Stretch..
I've just finished reading "Whatever happened to the British Motorcycle industry" by Bert Hopwood.  My neighbour thought I might be interested in it when I moved in. Its was written in the early 80's so has the unique perspective of not only the insiders memories but also his thinkings 30years ago.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~