News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wolfman bag mounting - how'd you do it?

Started by paulie, March 11, 2009, 02:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulie

got my wolfman explorer lite the other day, and mounted it up. got it off a fellow inmate over at advrider.com..  i have no idea if i had the universal mount or what, but i used the old trial and error method to find the best way to get it mounted. ended up removing a few pieces of strap and got it down to three straps.

i'm curious if anyone else has this bag and wants to share how they mounted it?

on mine, i managed to thread the front strap under the steering head through that tight space in the frame just behind the nose of the frame - tight fit but i got it. i removed one side of the strap, so now its just one strap with two clips on each end. yes, i verified that this method does not mess with steering range. it actually works pretty nicely.

then for the rear i removed the black side panels and looped each side around the frame and remounted the side panels. so it looks like the straps come out from under the tank on either side.

on the positive, the result is a solidly mounted bag thats not going anywhere unless one of the straps fail.

the negative is that if i want to ride without the tank bag, i'd have to remove the side panels to completely remove it. i certainly dont want those plastic clips slapping against the paint. no biggie since i plan to keep it on the bike. i'm also a little concerned about the straps scratching up the paint on the side of the tank from any friction, so i will probably pick up some clear film to apply under the straps to keep the scratching to a minimum.

if anyone wants pics, let me know. didnt take any since i did this right before getting out on the bike for the first time this year, i was a little excited.  :twisted:
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

TigerTrax

Hey Paulie.... Jerry here...

I took a couple of extra narrow black straps with the plastic 'pinch' buckles
and about 4"-6" of strap; Removed the forward side panels and screwed the strap in place making it just long enough so that when I fastened it to the matching buckle on the Wolfman it held tight; Replaced the panel.

Now when I want to ride w/o the tank bag I simply un fasten the lower 2 buckles and the top 2. The strap running thru the yoke just hangs there
while you are riding.

For refueling: Unlatch the lower 2 buckles and flip-up. When ready to re-attach, loosen the top, pull the bag down and latch lower buckles. Then
pull bag up tight with excess strap at top. You'll see.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'