News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

larger front brake master for my Girly

Started by dino246, May 01, 2012, 02:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dino246

Well, I've never been happy with the front brake feel, they hold real well but they have always been spongy. I've installed the dual break line kit and bled the system tons of times and the will stay firm for a day then go soft. The girl only had 6500 miles when I bought her and I did the break flush first thing since the PO was the original owner and he let her sit a lot.
So there is plenty of documentation on the internets about installing a 5/8" front master but no where could I find a direct replacement that looked just like the original but with the larger bore diameter.
I know it will take more force at the lever to create the same pressure at the pistons. But I want a solid lever feel and the ferodo HH pads helped but not quite what I wanted.

So the best front brake master is the stock kawasaki EX650 from 06-08. It is a perfect match and has the desired 5/8" bore which Newman the stock Girly fluid resivior cover fits perfect and they are cheap on the fleabay.

I'll take pics when its being fitted.

amschnellsten

PeteH

Quote from: "dino246"Well, I've never been happy with the front brake feel, they hold real well but they have always been spongy. I've installed the dual break line kit and bled the system tons of times and the will stay firm for a day then go soft.

Did you try tying the lever back overnight and the bleeding the system :?:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

dino246

No I have not, what is the reasoning behind this type of break bleeding method?

Mustang

the trapped air bubbles eventually surface at the reservoir :D with the lever tied down

dino246

Installed the new master and am amazed at the great brake feel. It is a direct fit, only issue was the cover for the triumph part uses larger screws to fasten it to the master so you have to use the kawasaki cover. Now I need to post the pics, its a perfect match.

LTB

Did some searching...

Partno: 43015-0011

Found on
   European bikes: ER6F ER6N 06-08
   US Bikes: ER650 EX650 06-08

and some others.
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"