News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Parking Demo in London UK

Started by John Stenhouse, March 14, 2009, 08:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

I shall be going to this, anyone fancy joining me?

Dear Customer,

Passing on the below information from the organisers, please pass on to your friends and family who ride.

IF YOU RIDE A MOTORBIKE OR SCOOTER

WHATEVER YOU HAD PLANNED FOR TUESDAY, 31ST MARCH @ 3PM CANCEL IT!

MEET AT ACE CAFE LONDON 3PM FOR 4:15PM RIDE OUT TO TRAFALGAR SQUARE.

The Reason.
In August 2008, Westminster City Council, in direct opposition to every Transport Authority in the UK who see powered two-wheelers as the solution to inner-city pollution & congestion, but also the Conservative Party to whom they claim to belong, and by using the flimsiest of justification of supposedly "recouping" the £23,000 cost of providing more parking spaces, introduced under an "experimental traffic order" what is now recognised as the most dangerous piece of anti-motorcycle/scooter legislation ever seen in the world...charging for parking.

The Opposition.
In response to this blatant removal of a privilege enjoyed by riders all over the world, the No To Bike Parking Tax Campaign was formed in September 2008, and has steadily exposed the misleading statements of the protagonists of this scheme to both their own fellow Councillors and the public, discovering that since its inception, it has already raked in over £2.5m from hard-working, honest and conscientious citizens, this figure raising every day

Abetted by a series of on-street demonstrations the likes of which have never been seen by this Council in its history, the Campaign has attracted unequivocal support from both the motorcycle community by way of BMF & MAG, and the mainstream by way of the much-heralded Tax Payers' Alliance.

The Effect.
As a result, the Campaign has been offered the opportunity to present its findings to a select committee of Westminster Councillors on 31st March at 7pm.

The Opportunity.
This also affords us the opportunity to demonstrate the real depth of resentment towards this tax, and for that, we need you there, outside Westminster City Hall.

The Arrangements.
We will meet at Ace Cafe London at 3pm for a ride-out at 4:15pm to Trafalgar Square, for the mother of all demonstrations, others will be gathering at the square between 5pm-6:15pm then we will leave the Square for a short and very angry ride to Westminster City Hall by 6.45pm, in what needs to be the largest ride-out ever seen in the capital.

Make sure you take the time out to be there. If you are coming from outside London take time off.

WHY?

Well the choice is simple....

PROTEST NOW OR PAY FOREVER EVERYWHERE!

WWW.31ST-MARCH.COM
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting