News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955 V 1050

Started by Chris Canning, May 26, 2011, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

On the ride from Hollyhead back to Birmingham(175 miles) had the chance to compare bikes,having spoken to the said gents on the two 1050's since, one things for sure you can go a dam sight further on 955 than you can on a 1050,and if there's a power difference it doesn't show,I think the quote was 'F me that 955 motors along' oh we were two up to their one and travelling at highly illegal speeds.

Bixxer Bob

It's more about the hand on the throttle than the horses at the tyre.  Learning to live with the later map then Chris?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Well were lucky,the bog stock Tiger aerodynamics work to perfect for us,when I see some of the screens and bodges that folk have to do to get settled.

Bearing in mind we were two up with a pile of kit to their one up and not a lot,and of course mine(ours) ain't stock which helps,I'd spoken to the one lad about a 19t sprocket and he was saying during this week how he noticed how  relaxed the bike looked while we were B along while they were reving the spuds off there's,but the biggest suprised was when he mentioned how the motor pulled,yes it's got the airbox mod, and the new tune performance wise has made an increase as well,but I just expected the 1050 to be a lot quicker  :? .

The tune,well thats complicated,when I realised I was back to were I was 7/8 years ago,to be honest thought sod it I'll look for another bike I can't be done with this,but there's no option,maybe when we come across a.n.other that can out run us on the old girl I'll look again,and in fairness the tune for what ever reason has just lost it's edge so the vibes have dropped off,so it's a bit like the Alan Sherman song, Mother father kindly disregard this letter  :D

But hey new 1200 Tiger and I think there'll be a 1200 SMT as well  :roll:

My wife informs me even if we do,were not selling the 955  :oops:

Bixxer Bob

Interesting that the edge has trimmed off it, mine does the opposite.  I put a tune in and reset the trims, it is nice and sometimes stays that way until I start ragging it, then the trims seem to take it toward edgey.

I wonder, ... is the 1050 throttle like the 955?   What I mean is does it have more than a 1/4 turn?  Maybe the 1050 riders don't realise how far round the throttle goes :roll:  :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Because I've got the yellow box converter with the 17" front wheel the speedo runs a faction slow(I set it that way),if I've got 90 on the clock a friends VFR is running 100/105,but what makes it for us is the aero dynamics,be it me or  two up but not the slightest problem at any speed to absolutely flat out.

I was just taken aback as I expected e'm to blow by,yet when talking too e'm later they were hanging on for grim death,be it aero dynamics or just reving the spuds off the motors with stock gearing  :?

My fuel light came on with 175 miles on the clock.so I'm more than happy at that.

Bixxer Bob

Pulling two up with kit at high speed, with the wind we had at the weekend, 175 is good I'd say. :wink:

Like yourself, I don't have any issues with the aeros, but I have fitted a taller screen.  It just keeps a bit more rain off and judging by the chip out of the top edge, the odd rock as well.