News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Starting when hot

Started by davidwheal, May 27, 2011, 08:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidwheal

My Tiger 955i won't start when hot.
It gives all the indications of a flat battery. Then half an hour later its good as new.
Not been a problem so far as I only commute on it but this summer ...

Anybody got any ideas ?

Thanks

Bixxer Bob

Crankshaft sensor, works when cold won't when hot.

Assuming your valve clearances are ok though?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

davidwheal

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure about a crankshaft sensor. It just seems that the starter motor has difficulty turning the engine over when the bike is hot (operating temperature). It has happened once when cold and I managed to jump start it from a car battery. very confusing.

stopwatch

So where is the crankshaft sensor on a 955? I've got one of those service manuals that reference a picture of a 885 crank sensor inside the clutch cover, but on a 955 it's someplace else.

Timbox2

Quote from: "stopwatch"So where is the crankshaft sensor on a 955? I've got one of those service manuals that reference a picture of a 885 crank sensor inside the clutch cover, but on a 955 it's someplace else.

Yep, look the other side of the engine, its behind the stator wiring on the alternator cover
2016 Tiger Sport