News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I need a history lesson

Started by flux, March 19, 2009, 02:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "Stretch"....so they peruse both (and the Yahoo boards) to learn about their bikes.

I don't even check the other sites unless I'm looking for something in particular. The Yahoo site has so little traffic I get the emails - I rarely reply as they are fussy about snipping (I'm not perfect) etc.

This site has the best information in what I think is a very useful format - all praise to Stretch for doing the (ahem) legwork, and Geoff and BigDave for letting everyone post what they want, how they want!
 :bowdown
Bruin\'

HappyMan

Quote from: "Bruincounselor"
Quote from: "Stretch"....so they peruse both (and the Yahoo boards) to learn about their bikes.
This site has the best information in what I think is a very useful format - all praise to Stretch for doing the (ahem) legwork, and Geoff and BigDave for letting everyone post what they want, how they want!
 :bowdown

Yes, give credit where credit is due and appreciation for the like!  Thanks guys!  :icon_salut  :occasion14
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Stretch

Thanks, dudes.  

But the site wouldn't have made a successful comeback without the interest  and participation of the membership.  A few geeks can organize an old database all they want, but without you dudes regularly posting questions, answers, and pertinent information, this place would be awash with the sound of crickets chirping.

Thank you all for creating the Tiger-specific web community we have come to enjoy.

Cheers!

HappyMan

I need to buy you one of them mug fulls next time I come through your neck of the woods Stretch.  I'm trying to take the bike on one of my regular Asheville, NC trips.  Just need to work it into my schedule.  Two weeks off vs. a couple of days..... :roll:

Stretch

Yeah, it's been a year since our "Welcome to Georgia" lunch.

HappyMan

I'm flying to Asheville all the time and it's been killing me not to take my own bike for one of these trips.  I've rented while there which I enjoyed but I keep thinking that I'd rather take a trip there and circle through Atlanta.  It's just not far from Asheville and I'd sure enjoy the trip.  I just need to find the time....something about actually having to work cause I own the place or something I'm told..... :roll:

flux

That was a lot of good information guys, and given me some stuff to enter into the ol' brainbox.  

I've been perusing the RAT stuff to get a feel for it and it's just very corporate feeling.  

I went (briefly) to my first RAT meeting this past weekend.  What a weird experience.

JasonS

Quote from: "flux"That was a lot of good information guys, and given me some stuff to enter into the ol' brainbox.  

I've been perusing the RAT stuff to get a feel for it and it's just very corporate feeling.  

I went (briefly) to my first RAT meeting this past weekend.  What a weird experience.

keep in Mind that RAT and TriumphRat.net are not connected in any way. .. well other than they both have the word RAT in them..

RAT's are fairly informal owners gatherings or events, sometimes sponsored by Triumph Corp, but most often not. The MAINE RAT group is extremely loose, and is actually kind of a sub-set of the MEME ( Maine European mc enthusiasts), and we have a breakfast or lunch meeting once a month in riding season....

The web site was started by one guy, and then was sold off to Motorcycle  dot com... the RAT forums in there are not sanctioned by anyone and are not the official communication avenue for Triumph to the RAT groups.... although I have no idea wtf Triumph is actually doing with the RAT grousp, if anything...  if you want the (cough) owners magazine Triumph puts out, you have to re-ask for it every year..

hope that clears it up.. .:D
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

Tom Herold

I first found TRAT when I started restoring my Thunderbird and was riding my Sprint ST.

Since I own both Triumphs and Harleys, I thought having access to a forum of like minded folks would be useful. Unfortunately TRAT turned out to be a huge cult of personality and I was at odds with the "chosen few" almost immediately. I don't participate in any Harley forums either...... I refuse to be blinded by brand loyalty!

I found the mentality over on TRAT to be far too much like a Harley forum and have basically abandoned participation on their forums. Now I  choose to lurk or gleen information as needed rather than deal with the frustration of being the "outsider" and open to personal attacks for asking simple questions, or offering advice based on my personal experiences.

Tigertriple is far more accomodating and far more family like in it's approach and something I appreciate.
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton