News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What would sasquatch do?

Started by JasonS, April 03, 2009, 08:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonS

I am staring down the barrel of 25k in the next four months....

That, is a lot of tire!

In trying to decide what to do about it, I am not coming up with much. I need to hear form people who have done some serious miles on their tigers, loaded up... anyone telling me they get 10k off a rear tire is gunna get smacked!  I weight in at a graceful 240, and with the bike kitted out with tank panniers and my crap for months on the road, it isn't going to be light, not that it was to start with.. and given the bargesque nature of the trip, hairy edge performance isn;t an issue. I'll do gravel, but will avoid mud and sand. ( I *may* elect to swap over to TKC's for the section around the greater 4-corners/monument valley, Toweep etc... )

SO.. what tire will give me the best mileage?
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

AndyM

Conti Trail Attacks are the best I've tried so far both handling and mileage wise. And in 75k miles I've tried just about everything.

Tom Herold

My Conti Trail attacks are great tires, I have a running commentary under the tire sticky where I'm recording mileage and wear on them.

I do understand the Road Attack gets even better mileage with no difference in performance.
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

blacktiger

Tourance is tried and tested and I always got 8K miles out of each of the 4 rears I've had on mine.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

oxnsox

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JasonS

I have Conti Trail Attack on the front and a Road Attack on the rear right now....

..and it looks to be the best choice currently, but I am always open.

Does any testing organization look at tires over their production run/product life to see if they maintain the same physical properties? I isn't like it is in the best interest of the tire company to make them last too long...

thanks for the replies.. looks like I need to buy stock in conti...
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

oxnsox

There are a number of rubber rules of thumb.....

1. Cost is inversely proportional to how long you can use them.

2. The longer they last,  the stickier they ain't.  

3. Every tire is good at something (You just got to find the ones that are good at what you do....)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~