News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sunny Day out

Started by NeilD, October 18, 2009, 05:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

no real Tiger content, except that I rode there on my Steamer  :D , but I wne to the first beach race of the season at Mablethorpe... amazingly warm and sunny for near the end of Oct brought out a good crowd.. there used to a bloke who competed on a Hinkley Triple, but now its mostly Japanese trailies, plus some proper grasstrackers etc.. a good day out, I even managed time to call in to my favorite local caff on the way home, and found a (shallow) ford to ride the Tiger through, just to try and make it feel like a proper off roader!!  :D

a few pics...

I think this is a Kawasaki, but I know its designer didnt expect it to get thrashed around a beach!!  :D

more info (and better pictures than mine!) if you're interested, here..
http://www.xtreme-action-images.com/sandrace/index.html

Sin_Tiger

Always fancied going to see that, looks like a real blast. I used to marshall at trials when I were a lad and miss the up close and personal bit of motorsport these days, so sanitised by HSE jobsworths. Brilliant weather for it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

Nice!  We have Fast Fridays dirt track speedway racing not too far from here.  Fun to watch! :D
From parts unknown.

NeilD

its about 30 miles from me, so is a good excuse to get the bike out on a sunday morning.. especially as its free to watch, and there's a decent caff on the way home..  :D this was the first of the season -  nice to ride at this time of year and not have to clean the bike on return!

BONANZA

I think that the guy in the yellow helmet in the third picture  is Neil Tuxworth, the team manager of HM Plant Honda in BSB. There was an article on him in one of the bike mags telling how he had raced that XL 250 Honda for 20 years and won god knows how many races & championships on it.
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

BONANZA

I remember going to see sand racing at Saltburn & Redcar beaches as a boy. Four of us would walk the few miles to watch and dream of competing when we were older. Sadly only two of us are still into bikes and neither of us got round to doing sand racing, although I did do trials for a few years before I realised that all I was going to was hurt myself more & more.
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

NeilD

Quote from: "BONANZA"I think that the guy in the yellow helmet in the third picture  is Neil Tuxworth, .

could well be as he does race there.. their base at Louth is only down the road..