News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How much should I ask for my Tiger ?

Started by Captscottreeh, April 15, 2009, 04:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captscottreeh

Thinking about selling my 1999 Tiger.It has 6700 org miles, Mas crash bars,Triumph tank bag,JC Whitney topbox and fairly new Avon Distanzias.The coolant system has been flushed as well as the tank/fuel line fitting upgrade.I'm the 3rd owner.Original owner dropped the bike and scratched the tank.That's why he sold it......too tall of a bike.The second owner bought it and put about 1,500 miles on her.He already had 2 bikes and hated to see her not get ridden.What do yall think I should ask for her.Here's a few pics.I'm thinking about 3,800 firm.What do yall think ? Oh forgot....also has MRA Vario shield.
Deep in the heart of Texas!

M.T.

WOW, a ten year old bike that's hardly past it break-in miles!

I'm not going to be much help with what it should sell for, but that bike looks like it's in great shape.

Good luck to you-
-RainRunner Extrordinaire

Bixxer Bob

Can't help with the price from here, but as the scratched tank is letting down what is otherwise a cracking bike - here's a couple of ideas....

Buyer will start by trying to knock off the cost of a replacement tank - are they still available? If not that's in your favour.

Next, what would it cost to get a restore done by a good paintshop?  That's your baseline for price bartering, remember, it's still a very good bike regardless of it's age.  You can choose whether to have it done and stand firm on the price, or barter.  Chances are if you give a bit on the price, the new owner will never get round to putting it right anyway.

Thirdly, and I think the cheapest option, is price up a Baglux tank cover and tankbag.  Again, you choose whether you supply it, or use the cost as your base for bartering.  

Hope that's of some help...

Oh, and there's a rack on Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph- ... ccessories
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...