News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Everone loves Triumph?

Started by the cyclops, April 22, 2009, 04:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the cyclops

I have had my Tiger now for almost a year, and one thing I have noticed is that everyone has a soft spot for Triumph, even, dare I say, the HD crowd.  Has anyone else noticed this?  I guess its an underdog kinda thing, the same reason I would love to have a Gas Gas as my next enduro bike.  And if I ever get a cruiser you can be sure it will be a Rocket III!  Man I never liked cruisers but I would love to have one of those.
Growing older but not up

ourade

I have owned my Tiger for 12 months and i have lost count of the number of old men that come and talk to you about the bike, which is not normally a problem unless your mates are kitted up ready to go and are waiting for you.
Cheers Ade. :)

JetdocX

Yeah, I wish my Steamer attracted a few more girls and a few fewer geezers. :(
From parts unknown.

the cyclops

Quote from: "JetdocX"Yeah, I wish my Steamer attracted a few more girls and a few fewer geezers. :(

If a woman can't appreciate your Steamer then what good is she anyways.  Just a hate f___ is all.
Growing older but not up

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"Yeah, I wish my Steamer attracted a few more girls and a few fewer geezers. :(
Eat your heart out !
 :love10

flux

I scored a free motel room at the Sand Blast Rally this year because I found a fan of Triumph.   :occasion14

I think Triumph has a universal appeal because they cover such a wide range of riding style...  they have sport bikes, sport tourers, cruisers, of course our Tigers, and something I feel NO other marque has which is kick-ass retro bikes.  One day I WILL own either a Scrambler or a Bonneville Black.  For no other reason than I like them.  

Triumph has always been cool, just ask Steve McQueen.   8)

JetdocX

Who came first, Mustang?  Mrs. Mustang or the Steamer? 8)
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Ok she came first and then she bought the first steamer ...........................she's owned hers longer than me  :oops:
so I guess that makes me the old geezer who drools over them  
 :ImaPoser

But still Eat your heart out , the girls got her priority's right
she own's 2 bonneville's and a tiger . :D

M.T.

I can't seem to go anywhere without someone asking what it is I'm riding-
then when I say "It's a Triumph" I get either a blank stare or, more likely, "Oh, I used to have an old Triumph- back in the day!"

One of the coolest lines I've ever heard is that if even HALF the guys who claim to have had a Triumph 'back in the day' actually did, the company never would have gone out of business in the first place!
-RainRunner Extrordinaire

JetdocX

Good for her.  She looks really happy on the Bonnie. 8)
From parts unknown.

Mustang

she likes her tigger best !

oxnsox

JetdocX.     I think you will find that once your Steamer is out of the garage, where it attracts more Geezers,  it will be visible to a few more sheilas thus improving the attraction stats there.  
As for why folks are attracted to the marque,  I'm guessing it's because it's one of the Brands that introduced people to motor-cycling after WWII when everything was generally good in the world and folks were happy.   You'd probably see a similar amount of wistful reflection for new Indians, and Nortons (or BSA's if they were coming back).....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HappyMan

Yes, everyone I've run into loves Triumph.  What's the question though?  Hands down, Triumphs rule!  That's just a fact.....like the earth being round and the lunar module landing on the moon.....Just ask Al Gore :roll:
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

aeronca

have any of you ever seen jetdocx -  :shock:

:lol: just kidding

but really, have you ever seen him :shock:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

I'm prettier than my bike, jackass! :twisted:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: