News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brake rotors. Stock or floating?

Started by AndyM, April 28, 2009, 08:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyM

Time to replace the rotors on my 03 Tiger. 75k miles and the rotors are below the minimum thickness. Choices are stock solid rotors or floating rotors from EBC. Is there an advantage to one over the other? Price and availability are about the same.

TigerTrax

Floating!

Take a look at STEALTH products.... Google them.
They are in UK.

Get it ready for the Tiger Ride-In at Kyburz, CA in Sept.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Floating!

Take a look at STEALTH products.... Google them.
They are in UK.

http://www.stealthproducts.co.uk/index.php  Interesting website. does anyone know from firsthand exprience the prices, service and quality?

What is the advantage of floating rotors in a floating caliper siutation?
Bruin\'

blacktiger

I might just be unlucky but my discs from Stealth have developed a corrosion spot which gives a judder when braking hard. It feels like they're warped but they're not. It's just a different friction at that point. It may have come from leaving the bike wet and the disc has corroded where the pads were.
And I thought they were stainless. Possibly poor quality stainless. Any future purchase I make will be EBC floaters.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.