News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

94 Tiger Rear sprocket carrier & cush drives

Started by stewy, April 30, 2009, 01:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewy

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and hoping someone might be able to help me out, I am looking at buying a 94 model tiger (steamer, I think they are referred too) it's just been sitting in a shed for years because it has no wheels and missing a couple of body panels etc, front or rears (it was a stolen and recovered) but he just never got around to fixing it back up due to access to parts in Australia....anyway it starts and runs, but I have been doing a lot of searching around, most of the other missing parts I can get easily, even found a cheap rear hub and rim (spoke rim), but the part I haven't been able to find is a rear sprocket carrier (to buy new is super expense) about 750 AUD. I was told that a Daytona 900 rear sprocket carrier (a few other makes from around that time) will fit my tiger.

I have done some searching on Bikebandit and the part number seem different but this part also includes a few spacers/bushes etc, which I was wondering if is why might have different part numbers but the carrier it self looks the same on all these models.

I am hoping that someone here might be able to confirm if this will fit as I just can't find any rear sprocket carriers for my tiger, but plenty for Daytona/triple etc.

Thanks stewy

Mustang

the sprocket carrier for the Thunderbirds is the same Part # as a 93-98 tiger

93TigerBill

Stewy,
Check with EuroBrit in Melbourne (Greensborough) - they have quite a few parts, and are knowledgeable on interchangeable from other models.
Bill  IBA# 45911
Newcastle, Australia
\'93 Tiger Caspian Blue
130,000 km & counting!

stewy

thanks for the fast response, yeah i did try eurobrit but they weren't real helpful, so i thought i would try and ask those that really love them and have a passion for them  :D

ok will have a search around for a thunderbird sprocket carrier and see if i can find if they are the same as anything else if i can't find one  :)

MIMbox

There are quite a few sprocket carriers assy's on ebay uk, and are comparatively cheap ( shipping aside). They seem generally to have the same part number on bikebandit, it is more likely the other spacers are different between models.

93TigerBill

Stewy,
Liverpool Bike Wreckers in Penrith (go figure...) also have a few Triumph bits. Show & Go in Adelaide also had some parts, dunno if any left.
Bill  IBA# 45911
Newcastle, Australia
\'93 Tiger Caspian Blue
130,000 km & counting!