News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ODD VIBRATION WHEN DECELERATING (3500 TO 4000 RPM)

Started by cwdrifter, May 10, 2009, 04:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwdrifter

ok, MAYBE it is just me, but I replaced my rear michelin anakee with another (heck I got 12,000 miles out of it).  It feels like there is a bit more 'buzzing' or vibration at 3500 to 4000 rpm BUT only when I back off and decelerate.  If I hold steady throttle or accelerate, no buzzing in the foot pegs.  Ihave checked all the peg bolts, but also notice thie throughout the bike (bars, seat) like entire bike has a buzz.  Could unlined up sprockets really cause that much difference?  I did  the string thing on the rear to front and think I have it lined up pretty well and 'slack chain' is happy chain on el tigre...so know it is not too tight.

Any hints or wisdom woudl be appreciated....
Hey did any one else battery 'rubber strap; just go away in first two years?  course since i bought my 06 in 07 it was already a year old.  Just didn't want the 'new street' tiger.
85 Suzuki SP 600
IBA # 21941

Stretch

Double-check your chain tension.  These things are curiously picky about that... too loose and they vibe... too tight and they vibe.  The specs listed in the Triumph shop manual are way too tight.  I adjust mine on the loose side, 60-80mm, since I off-road a bit and weigh about 225 in full gear (the chain tightens when the rear suspension is compressed).

The battery straps are made of natural rubber, which deteriorates quite quickly, especially in sunny climates (UV) and in cities (ozone).  My rear brake master cylinder boot is getting crumbly also.

blacktiger

Battery strap? Mine went before I got the bike.......it really doesn't need one but if you must, try using a loop cut from an old inner tube.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

cwdrifter

No pun intended on your screen name regarding chain tension either.
Yeah, since I just changed the rear tire...my guess is have to mess with the loosnes some more...I too am 6-2 210, so pushing 230 plus fully loaded with boots and all. so will try the 60 to 80mm thing.
I know too tight is way naughty on seal on engine sprocket.
85 Suzuki SP 600
IBA # 21941