News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is it just me or...?

Started by Nick Calne, May 18, 2009, 11:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

When non - motorcycle people have a look at my bikes they are all really astonished / impressed / shocked / whatever with the steamer.  Somehow it's just better / bigger / more wow than any other bike.  Recently the garage has seen a new sprint, a new roadie and always has the beautiful daytona in, yet the old steamer draws the interest.

Why is that?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JetdocX

It's like a really bad train wreck.  You just can't look away. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

nightrunner

The steamers have a rugged look, like a big, somewhat tame, duelsport.  The girlies and roadies just don't look the part anymore.  I wish they would have kept the same look over the years but added the FI and suspension improvements.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

aeronca

STEAMERS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

khakitiger

I think that Steamers have that rare and desireable quality of just 'doing what it says on the tin'; It looks purposeful and while appealing, isn't pretty or overstyled.

I've been asked by several non-motorcycle people if my khaki Steamer is an ex-military machine.

Nick Calne

There's definitely something missing from girlies and roadies.  The 'purposeful' thing that comes from being designed to 'do', not designed just to 'look'....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

The Kurgan

I have to agree... the Steamers look the dogs nads.

I am actually looking around for a used Steamer (locally) to compliment my '05 Girly which is my main ride.
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

coachgeo

There is a beauty in "function". Often the more obvious the "function" the easier it is to see its beauty.  

The Steamer's function is obvious and this catches folks eyes thus intrest.  Many other bikes.. its hard to tell what is function and what is bling or functionless styling. They might be eye appealing.. but put such a functionless beauty next to something that has obvious function and like the Steamer it will standout more beautifull to the minds eye every time.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "coachgeo"There is a beauty in "function". Often the more obvious the "function" the easier it is to see its beauty.  

+1

I'm a big fan of the earlier Range Rover Classics 2 door, they had one displayed in the louvre at one time as a design classic. What are the chances of getting a steamer in there too  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint