News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is it normal for the intrument pod to wiggle?

Started by TallRob, June 18, 2009, 06:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallRob

I was checking out an SE (not my brothers) and the instrument pod moved alot in my hand. Is that normal? It seemed that it was only attached on the upper right side.

Bixxer Bob

In short, and not wishing to overstate the obvious....

No.

It's rubber mounted so will move a little but shouldn't be loose.  Taking the cowl off to get at the mounting bolts isn't hard, just takes a few minutes and some care.  Remove the indicators to get at the lower mounts and the screen to get at the uppers.

Edit: just noticed you said "SE"  not sure what that is... mine was a Girly answer :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

abruzzi

he's talking about the 1050 Special Edition--a sexy beast:

Geof

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "TallRob"I was checking out an SE (not my brothers) and the instrument pod moved alot in my hand. Is that normal? It seemed that it was only attached on the upper right side.

They ar just quivering with torque  :lol:  :lol:

Seriously I didn't notice anything abnormal there but didn't go yanking at the pod itself, shouldn't be any difference between the SE and otehr lesser farkled models.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Stretch

Quote from: "abruzzi"he's talking about the 1050 Special Edition--a sexy beast:

Needs knobbies.  And mud.  Lots of mud.  :mrgreen:

EvilBetty

It needs the comfort of my garage  :lol:
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

william

I noticed mine wobbled a little and on removing the front nosecone fairing i found the pod to be held by one small bolt at bottom and the top just pushes into two rubber grommets. Cured mine by putting some clear silicone sealant around the plastic pegs before pushing them into the rubbers.Left it for a few hours to cure, job done.

atokad

Quote from: "EvilBetty"It needs the comfort of my garage  :lol:

Well what are you waiting for? It only takes a signature you know!