News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Death of the local bike shop

Started by RT, June 11, 2009, 08:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT

Rather bummed out.  Was down by my local Triumph dealer this morning so thought I stop in and shoot the shit with the guys on the parts counter for a few minutes.  As I walked in, started chatting with the sales guy I've purchased my last two bikes from.  He drops the bomb that the parts guy's had been let go and replaced by friends of the new store manager.  This just about completes the transformation from the previous mgr who was let go earlier in the year.

The shop has been transformed from a place you could just stop by and talk motorcycles or whatever.  Very laid back, always welcome, member of the family type place.  And they sold a bunch of bikes.  I've bought 2 in the past 3 years from them and sent many other folks their way for bikes.  Also bought parts and other gear from them to support the shop.

Now it's turning into another mega mall motorcycle shop.   I know it's a business but it's lost that personal touch that set's them apart from other shops.  Personally think it's pretty sad.

Not sure when I trade in the America if it will be for a RIII tour after all.  Could be Road King in my future instead.
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

Mustang

Ride the Road Pig and then ride the Rocket ........I think you will find a new Triumph Dealer  :ImaPoser

RT

Quote from: "Mustang"Ride the Road Pig and then ride the Rocket ........I think you will find a new Triumph Dealer  :ImaPoser

Road one of the orig RIII's for a day last year.  Is a nice bike, sucks in town with heat but guess so does the RK.  Two other dealers around one 25 miles away (not sure if want to buy a bike again from these guys) the other about 65 miles away.   Have you road one the new Road Kings?   May go do a test ride next week.   If economy doesn't turn around I may have the America a little longer anyway.
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

Sin_Tiger

You guys have more T dealers than we have in the UK, always sad to loose a trusted friend though :cry:

Thankfully the reverse seems to be happening to my local dealer, they have just built a new dedicated Triumph showroom  :D , still a father and son operation even if they have taken on more staff. http://www.mcs-scotland.co.uk/home.php and even though they are a 50 mile 1 hour ride away I am happy to go there, same friendly no nonsense service.

A good friend who owns the local Honda and Suzuki dealerships commented to me back in the 90's when I raised the subject of buying a Triumph "they'll never amount to much" he wasn't so dismisive when I turned up at his Honda showroom and parked my Roadie next to the Varadero he had been trying to interest me in  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

abruzzi

Yeah, nine months ago our local KTM dealer--Badlands--closed and sold to the Yamaha mega franchise.  The thing is the good triumph dealer is 225 mles away, and Badlands had a mechanic that was a triumph expert.  So they worked on all my bikes.  Now, all the shops in town are corporate shops.

Geof