News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

885 tiger with high pitch noise, motor

Started by Joe Geddes, June 11, 2009, 03:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Geddes

I'm still a little miffed as to the noise coming from the engine being resolved by changing the vacuum hoses as these hoses have been on this bike for 10 years and all of the rest of the bikes with this same style of motor. I'm very glad that it was only a 3 dollar fix from Canadian Tire but still concerned that I have not come up with the rout cause.

I did sent a picture of the change to the vacuum hoses, I tucked them all neatly in before installing the air breather and ensured no kinks.

Again all is well and back together, runs great. I shall not complain.

The Kurgan

Quote from: "Joe Geddes"I'm still a little miffed as to the noise coming from the engine being resolved by changing the vacuum hoses as these hoses have been on this bike for 10 years and all of the rest of the bikes with this same style of motor. I'm very glad that it was only a 3 dollar fix from Canadian Tire but still concerned that I have not come up with the rout cause.

I did sent a picture of the change to the vacuum hoses, I tucked them all neatly in before installing the air breather and ensured no kinks.

Again all is well and back together, runs great. I shall not complain.

vibration, heat, and above all, age... can work "wonders" on plastic and rubber parts. cracked vacuum hoses is not an uncommon problem. Are those rubber hoses rated for high heat areas? If not, you might be replacing them again in the near future. Either way, $3 isn't going to break the bank.
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

Joe Geddes

I did explain what it would be used for and the amount of heat that would be generated in that area, it seems very robust yet flexible enough not to kink. The real test will be the first 100 degree day driving in traffic.