News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Who Else Has a Possessed Steamer?

Started by JetdocX, May 27, 2009, 06:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

Mine did the same.  For the first six weeks I thought it was me forgetting to turn on the petcock.  After another month of fiddling I figured it out.  Turned out to be the mesh sock filters on the petcock intake tubes.  The suction from the carbs was collapsing the socks and not allowing gas through the lines.  Remove both the high and the low pipe filters.  I decided to remove only the high pipe filter and got the same problem on reserve.  With mine, it was heat related.  No problem on colder days.  Big problem on hotter days.  Removing the second eliminated the problem. The stalling was a big issue.  No way I could take the mc on a steep upward dirt road with the stalling. I would have dropped it every time it stalled. No way I could take it on a highway with no shoulders.

abruzzi

Quote from: "JetdocX"I'm thinking about painting it pink.  Or maybe just a real big Hello Kitty sticker on the front fairing. :lol:

Eric, that plane has a pink triangle or a rainbow or both on it's rear bumper, right?

Something like this:

???

Geof

JetdocX

How about this?

Gotta buy the leathers, too:

From parts unknown.

97tiger885

Have you fixed the problem?  Either way I would appreciate an update on what you done and what the results were.

JetdocX

It just disappeared.  I'm sure it will come back, probably while sitting next to a car full of Skandihoovian swimsuit models again. :roll:
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX".........I started talking about having, "El Bastardo Verde" painted on my front fairing.  .......................................

:
I told ya it was payback for thinking such a thing            :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser