News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Steamer owner in Katy, TX

Started by tojo92, June 04, 2009, 05:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tojo92

I just recenlty picked up a 1995 Steamer.  Just wanted to introduce myself.  I searched this forum before I bought it to get an idea what to look for.  Great resource.

The one I picked up has 57,000 miles on it, one panel with some slight blemishes from a drop, some nice extras (including bags), and other than needing a new chain and the airbox resealed (or replaced) it's good to go.

Thanks,
Staton

Staton

I\'m just sayin...

coachgeo

Great another TX Tiger.  I got ("sorta" its complicated) a Steamer too.  Im up above Dallas. Above Denton.

BTW- your 95 so I have been told is a RARE bird. Think it was Mustang who told me only *700 something 95 tigers were shipped into the US. Cause of this IMHO its something to restore and keep supreme condition but ... dont let it sit ... its meant to be ridden.

Think it was Mustang who told me only 700 something 95 tigers were shipped into the US.

*Bad info:  Correction; it is around 125 came to US.  My appologies for the miss information.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

aeronca

sounds good, cant wait to see the pics - welcome aboard.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

Quote from: "coachgeo"Think it was Mustang who told me only 700 something 95 tigers were shipped into the US.

tojo92

Thanks for the welcome.

Coachgeo,

I have ridden up at Muenster a few times, since you said above Denton, I assume your in that area?  That is one of my favorite dirt riding places.

Aeronca,

Here is a link to the other pics.  

http://cid-58d84cabbd3c4dc5.skydrive.li ... iger%20900

One shot is of the blemishes from the drop.  I looked on bike bandit and they are showing the side panel as being avaialble.  I am considering ordering the panel down the road, but to be honest the scratches aren't terrible.  My main focus is to get the new chain on, and then see about making some suspension adjustments for my weight.  The rear has a Hagon shock, but I have no idea when it was serviced last.
The motor has some minor popping on decel, but the airbox wasn't sealed well, and I am hopeful that is the cause.

I really think I am going to enjoy this bike.   Although I am not a long distance rider, I plan on doing some medium distance rides on it.  

Mustang,

Thanks for the info on the number brought in, kinda cool.  I reviewed a lot of your posts about the bike before buying mine.  Thanks for the effort in making the informaiton available to all in need of a resource.
Staton

I\'m just sayin...

Mustang

Nice
the scratches aint that bad , you can still get the pcs. that cover that god awful ugly air box  also .

JetdocX

That's a pretty blue Steamer.  Welcome to the assylum. :lol:
From parts unknown.

tojo92

Quote from: "Mustang"Nice
the scratches aint that bad , you can still get the pcs. that cover that god awful ugly air box  also .

Glad you pointed that out, I hadn't noticed it.  The PO is bringing a box of spares he has over to me tonight, hopefully he will have those.  If not, I can get them a little later.
Staton

I\'m just sayin...

aeronca

duuuude, it makes me want to cry - looks like my baby :love10  forgive me, im verklempt.      but really - nice bike, and,          the BEST COLOR.

now you need one of these :twisted:  http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... igh+fender
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

tojo92

High fender...very nice.

Staton
Staton

I\'m just sayin...

Mudhen

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "coachgeo"Think it was Mustang who told me only 700 something 95 tigers were shipped into the US.

Do you have the #s for the whole range?
\'96 Steamer