News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SOLD: OEM Rear Shock for 2006 Tiger

Started by stook, June 10, 2009, 05:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stook

**SOLD**
This unit is essentially new. I took it off of my '06 right after I got it. I had the dealer install a Hagon lowering shock in order to lower the bike a bit.

I am 100% certain that the stock unit has less than 1,000 miles on it and I'm thinking it is probably less than 500 miles. You can see in the pictures that it wasn't on the bike long enough to get dusty, much less dirty.

What I have is what the dealer gave back to me (in a box) after they swapped it out for the Hagon. You may need to find a few nuts or bolts in order to install it - I just don't know.

I checked Bike Bandit and it looks like if you order one today the cost is around $700 and some change. I would sell this one for $100 shipped to the lower 48.

I do not know which years (other than 2006) it fits, but that shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

stook

I was informed very politely but very convincingly on ADVRider that my original price was outrageous. So, I've adjusted accordingly.   :)

Bill Abright

Hi, I also have installed the Hgon owering shock and now need to cut off the center stand. Any suggestions as to how much to cut it?
Thanks

stook

Quote from: "Bill Abright"Hi, I also have installed the Hgon owering shock and now need to cut off the center stand. Any suggestions as to how much to cut it?
Thanks
Hi Bill,

Unfortunately, that was one of those projects I never quite got around to before I sold the bike. I kept the center stand in place on mine because even though I couldn't use it as a center stand it did work really well as a place to put one of the arms of my bike lift. I had the side stand cut down but since the fab shop guy just kept cutting/tack welding/testing (and repeat as required until a good result happened), I don't know, and doubt that he does either, how much he ended up taking off. The end result was really nice though. Looked like a factory original when he finished.