News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tank install troubles - upper tank-mount bolt

Started by Jiberwacker, June 30, 2009, 01:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiberwacker

Has anyone else had trouble getting both the upper and lower tank-mount bolts in place when putting the tank back on.  Once i get the tank into proper position in the rear under where the seat goes, i can't get the upper tank mount bolt in.  It sits just a tad too far forward and all the tugging and pulling i can muster won't get it in straight.  Any ideas?

walker

try putting the front one in - only about 3 turns (just enough so it won't fall out). Then thread the back one in about half way - tighten the front a little bit, then tighten the back one down all the way. Then finish up the front.

or the other way.

If the tank is full, or off the bike for a bit, it seems that it may change shape slightly.

Just don't tighten one side all the way down before starting the other! Also, doing the front first, I have found it easier to move the back into place, versus trying to move the front bolt hole into place.

Jiberwacker

Thanks.  I'll try some of those ideas.  Fortunately there is only about a gallon of petrol in the tank so i don't think that is creating the problem, but one never knows.