News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

$15 remote tank hose extensions

Started by chilly, July 07, 2009, 01:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chilly

I made my own fuel tank extension hoses to sync my tb's.  Some people manage to use the stock hoses, but it looked like a PITA to me, so this is a cheap option.  The fuel pump wires were long enough as-is, for the setup in the pictures.

Thanks to EvilBetty for finding QuickCouplings.com (another vote here for exceptional customer service).  I was ordering replacement metal female tank fittings and saw how cheap the plastic versions were.

$ 1.70 - (2) PLC22006 - 3/8 Barb Non-valved CPC Coupling
$ 6.32 - (2) PLC17006 - 3/8 Barb Non-valved CPC Coupling Body
$ 3.75 - 3' 3/8" fuel hose
$ 3.00 - 4 hose clamps

All under $15.00.  I think the triumph kit is over $100... (big suprise there).

For a couple bucks more, you could get the valved fittings... the OEM males aren't though, so I didn't bother.

For such limited use, plastic non-valved fittings and standard (non injected) hose is fine (although I did put on clamps for safety's sake).  I also just got 3/8" for both... doesn't matter.  

Two other bonus uses:
-Coolant flushing.  Don't have to keep putting the tank on/off between cycles.
-Act as plugs for leaky female fittings.  On both my bikes, the plastic female fittings leaked when disconnected.  Plug the hose in and point it at the sky (if you got the valveless ones like me)... no drips.  Handy if your not up to replacing them at the time.
02\' Tiger with scratches and dirty spokes

iansoady

Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Stretch

Capital!  I've linked this thread to the 'Tools' post in the Cross-Reference Guide, and to a 'Bleed Your Cooling System' thread in Girly Wisdom.

Well done!

Tom Herold

A most excellent contribution to the cause! Thank you, I'll be ordering tonight!
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

EvilBetty

If only Triumph sold the fuel pump harness extension separate :(
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "EvilBetty"If only Triumph sold the fuel pump harness extension separate :(

They do - at least to dealers they do. I have one for a newer Girly (I think) and I should sell it as it doesn't fit my 885. I can post the part # if anyone is interested (I think it's still in the factory bag).

I need to clean out the shop someday....
Bruin\'

mnormand

Thx from here too Chilly...ordered my parts yesterday.
I finally figured out that the correct site was quickcouplings.net

I think the high end fittings are from quickcouplings.com which immediately brings you to Colder Products?

I just copied Chilly's parts list and emailed it to .net to make sure I got the right stuff.  Confirmed.
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2008 Yamaha WR250R

chilly

I'm usually a lurker, so I'm glad to actually have something useful to contribute...

Good catch on the website mnormand... I didn't even notice it, but you are correct.

EB, unless you really want to put the tank on your workbench or something, the free play in the stock harness really seemed to be adequate.  You could probably even get a few more inches beyond what the pics show, by unwrapping the electrical tape.
02\' Tiger with scratches and dirty spokes

EvilBetty

I tried this once before.  I cut the zip ties and it only gave me anough slack to attach the tank off to the side, if the tank was rubbing the frame, I had to drape a blanket over the tank to keep it from rubbing.

I had the idea to use my other QuickCouplings to make the lines, but when I checked with the dealer for the wiring harness I was told it only came as a kit with the fuel lines.

If you have a part number for the harness only, that would be great.  Maybe I'll actually consider doing my own throttle bodies...

MikeBenzon

Can anyone give me an idea as to where I might find these couplings/ what type of store would carry these? I don't think my local hardware store carries them.
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

EvilBetty

No they are very specific parts.  The website and part numbers are in the first post.

http://quickcouplings.net/osc/index.php?cPath=25

EvilBetty

Did anyone ever find a part number for the wiring harness extension only?  For a 955i with the double fuel fittings.

Hatepylons

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Did anyone ever find a part number for the wiring harness extension only?  For a 955i with the double fuel fittings.

I saw in the for sale section here an item T3880123, which lists as a T3880123   WIRING EXTENSION, NA/ND/D6

Perhaps this is it?

EvilBetty

EvilBetty