News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Very tempted.......

Started by mikeybikey57, August 05, 2012, 09:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeybikey57

My '05 Tigger is in Aluminium Silver, which is allegedly the fastest colour to have them in, or so i'm told.

However I've always REALLY liked the Lucifer Orange colour scheme but as there were none around when I bought mine, I settled on the best silver one I could find.

Anyway, i've just gone and found a complete body set in Lucifer Orange, with matching pannier lids, from a guy in Belgium. It's clearly from an earlier Tigger, as it has the 'eyelashes' over the headlights and the solid black tank stripes.

He's asking £632 +p&p for it which is a tad pricey perhaps but less hassle and probably better than a re-spray, plus I always have the option to sell my original stuff on to make some money back.

Does anyone have any idea as to whether there are any variations in the fuel pump/filter plate and fuel filler cap fittings, when comparing the two models?
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

Chris Canning

To answer the last bit,they all fit from 885i to the last of the 955,the headlight surround is a little different on the earlier 885i but still fits straight on,my 955 was black originally,all the bodywork is 885i and just repainted silver except the tank as it has a Bagster on it.

Your tempted!! I'd be tempted to see a shrink!!,600 odd quid are you bonkers,I paid £40 for everything bar the tank and 30 quid to have e'm sprayed and since then bought an original front mudguard from a Triumph dealer in silver for £20 off ebay.

Have a look on ebay,tanks??? you can't give e'm away.

Bixxer Bob

The single fuel feed on the 05 Tiger ids different, the earlier midels had twin hoses.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mikeybikey57

Well Chris, I did actually state that I felt that it was pricey and the cheapest enquiries i've previously made about re-spraying my Tigger have all come in  at around £100 under his asking price at very best. I'd have needed to re-mortgage the house to pay for what Dream Machine wanted to do the job.
 I was also planning to sell the Silver bodywork on which would have eased the financial costs a little too.

As for seeing a shrink, that's always been a long established need and after working in Forensic Psychiatry for thirty years, I accept my lunacy and regard it as a little friend, that keeps me company at night.

Now........where did I put my bloody tablets?  :x  :x  :x
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "mikeybikey57"Well Chris, I did actually state that I felt that it was pricey and the cheapest enquiries i've previously made about re-spraying my Tigger have all come in  at around £100 under his asking price at very best. I'd have needed to re-mortgage the house to pay for what Dream Machine wanted to do the job.
 I was also planning to sell the Silver bodywork on which would have eased the financial costs a little too.

As for seeing a shrink, that's always been a long established need and after working in Forensic Psychiatry for thirty years, I accept my lunacy and regard it as a little friend, that keeps me company at night.

Now........where did I put my bloody tablets?  :x  :x  :x

Just check ebay,all the stuff turns up,even silver panels :D

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"The single fuel feed on the 05 Tiger ids different, the earlier midels had twin hoses.

Makes no difference either fits into a bare tank.

oxnsox

Quote from: "mikeybikey57"My '05 Tigger is in Aluminium Silver, which is allegedly the fastest colour to have them in,.......
Chris may be right about your Lunacy.
You realise changing to Orange will reduce performance..... :wink:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mikeybikey57

Begining to think this is a bad idea you know. Questions about my sanity......reductions in my bikes performance.

You'll be telling me that silver Tigers make their riders more attractive to women next!

Chris Canning

2001 I go into Windy Corner take my 885i in for a 12000 service,test ride a 955 and never went back for the 885i,BUT ask about colours!! I want a silver one please,you can't have one,why not,only black or green :shock: ,well a grown man riding around on a green bike bike!! I mean!!! so it had to be black,only took me 5 years to get 885 panels and painted,actually should have left it yellow,probably have been the only yellow 955 :roll:

LTB

Go for orange!!!

Mine is Roulette Green and the amount of positive response I get from women about the colour would never happen on a silver or black one. They just love it. I think it looks a bit stupid, but if the ladies love it, I like it!
I bet orange is even more attractive:-)

With this response I don't care that it's slower than black or silver. The Green Tiger gets the girls ;-) OK, I don't, but the Tiger does...
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"