News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

In chassis rebuild

Started by delecti, July 30, 2012, 04:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delecti

Hi guys,
have recently completed an in chassis rebuild thought you may like to see the pics. my tigger was using oil and the sleeves were glazed, quick hone and new rings all good.

would like to thank zombie for his great pictures they helped a lot.

Mark
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?

Bixxer Bob

How many miles has it done Mark?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

delecti

Hi Bob,
85000 km 53000miles not that many really I was blaming the oil but Im leaning towards the K&N filter treatment probably using to much on that.
everything inside was perfect except the cam shaft caps which needed a little wet and dry to tidy them up.
Mark
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?

delecti

Bob,

drop your airbox out and check down the trottle bodies and if there is a build up of a substance similar to on the top of the pic with the piston( before cleaning)  this could be causing the oil usage you are having.

Mark
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?