News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

$15 remote tank hose extensions

Started by chilly, July 07, 2009, 01:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the cyclops

I have an 06 and ordered this before I took my tank off and it won't work.  My pump just has one line out and a different fitting.  Luckily where its just one line it will be easy to move around I think.  Anyone in the USA need a set of these let me know, I have 4 males and 2 felmales.  Make me an offer!
Growing older but not up

CharlestonRider

Three cheers for Chilly!  I made myself a set of fuel-line extensions (based on Chilly's information) and it worked great.  Now I can easily check my throttle body synchronization any time I have the tank off.

Thanks again for the excellent write-up.

CharlestonRider

JoeDirt

Yet another Yank on a British bike,

I was successful making my extensions using a United States supplier called McMaster Carr. I have been buying from these guys for years.

Link: http://www.mcmaster.com/

Search for "barbed acetal quick-dissconnect" and you'll get a list of different sizes.

I purchased the following:
(2) 5012K72 - Barbed plug w/o shut-off valve $1.17USD/ea
(2) 5012K68 - Barbed socket w/o shut-off valve $4.46USD/ea
Dont be cheap and buy the cheap plastic one like I did i.e. 5923K42
(1) 54605K34 Low-pressure fuel hose $1.36/ft (min order of 5ft)
(2) 5388K14 Worm drive hose clamp $5.70 (package of 10)

All for under $25USD without shipping. BTW I am not associated with McMaster Carr in anyway. I'm like you guys... need to fix my bike.

One more thing... the black ones are fastest.

delecti

hi,
this site helps me order genuine parts for my tigger.

http://triumphcenteruppsala.se/index.ph ... &id=232917

helps with getting right parts.

I like the idea of extending the fuel line thanks for that

Mark
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?