News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steering head bearings.

Started by Milton, July 10, 2009, 12:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milton

Steering head bearings are bad. Got the lower race off of the yoke but kind of damaged the seal. Got a new lower bearing from a local bearing supplier but it did not come with a seal. They said they could not get the seal as the seal is an integral part of the bearing. They even called up Koyo and Koyo said they do not have this bearing in the US. So what to do?

Can a seal be had? Does anyone have a part number for the seal. Or should I repair the old seal and reuse it? Or should I take the bearing back to the supplier and order one from Triumph for 3 times the price? Or does it really require a seal?

Thanks,

Milton S.
1992 BMW K100RS 4V 49K Broken but not dead. She shall arise from the ashes!

1998 Triumph Tiger. This bike rocks!

Mustang

you need the seal it keeps dust and grit out of the tapered rollers , GET THE SEAL

Milton

Sorry to be dense, but where can I get just the seal?

Milton S.
1992 BMW K100RS 4V 49K Broken but not dead. She shall arise from the ashes!

1998 Triumph Tiger. This bike rocks!