News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

i just installed one half of my Motech Crashbars tonight

Started by TallRob, July 26, 2009, 06:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallRob

The job gets the rank of "Two Scraped Knuckles of difficulty.
I had to figure out how to wind my tools to get a hold of those nuts in the back. Boy I used ratch extentions that I have never used in 13yrs! lol. Its nice having the right tools for the job FOR ONCE!..Got to use my new torque wrench,. That made me happy......Well tomorrorrow is the Right side's turn. Tommorrow shouldnt take me two hours. I should be able to get it done in under an hour now that I know what to do.

P.S. IS this happening to anyone else? When I post in a new thread or reply. this board kicks me to the front page of the boards and i have to click again to get back into "SPeaking of Bikes" then click reply or post new thread again to open the dialogue box. Gets very annoying. Gotta be a bug somewhere

coachgeo

just did a test.... as a reply.  All acting normal.

Try logging out of your browser and logging back in and see if the problem goes away?
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

TallRob

Well, i finished the right side just now. I rated this side:1/2 Scraped knuckle the right side for 2 out of 3 bolts were much easier to get to the nuts than on the other side. However, the nut under the seat was harder to get at than its brother on  the left side. But over all, It took me just over an hour. But, i was listening to the "Breakfast with the Beatles" sunday morning radio show on KLOS. good songs and interesting trivia.     Anyways, I am going to wash up and rest awhile and then go for a ride to the Rock Store and up and down Malibu. If you see a 6'9" guy with a crazy bright helmet. That would be me. :5moped

coachgeo

Congratulations, have fun and

ATGATT
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

TallRob

here are some pics from above malibu. You can see my mirror extensions and crash bars. Also, I think the TOR tune may be working. It launching better than before. I guess it needed some miles on it.
Quote from: "coachgeo"Congratulations, have fun and

ATGATT

Sin_Tiger

Lovely  8)

I found mine much immediately more tractable with the TOR tune even with the standard can, and even though the dealer said it shouldn't work.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint