News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Flat tire repair kit help plz

Started by mnormand, July 08, 2009, 05:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnormand

I need to beef up my flat repair kit for the Tiger, currently running Conti Trail Attacks front and rear.  What's the latest / best method for plugging a tubeless tire while on the road?  I have a Slime compressor kit, but need some good suggestions on plug types, ease of use, safety, etc.  I have the cheap rope plugs and tool for my ATV, but not sure if thats the same for bikes?  Your thoughts and experiences would be appreciated... :XXcomputer
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2008 Yamaha WR250R

KuzzinKenny

I use this stuff................

http://www.ride-on.com/prod_mot.asp

i think its best put in when the tyres are new and just balenced !!

not had to test it yet but it should work ok !!  :?

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Stretch

I use the sticky rope plugs, with a Slime compressor.

Sin_Tiger

I just got this kit from BestRest but haven't had to use it yet thankfully, they do a few kits, I like the mushroom idea though I have have used rope plugs on 4x4's with good results too. The advantage of rope is that non round holes can be done better. Might suit you better being in the US, the Slime pump is pretty good.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Stretch

I've read a lot of reports of the Stop and Go rubber plugs coming loose in a matter of a few days.

Sin_Tiger

Hadn't heard that. I don't consider any of these things anymore than get you home repairs, unless home is the other side of the world  :roll: but thanks for the heads up.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

cbxtc6

I use the BMW tire repair kit.  On my trip to Alaska last year, I used it twice to fix other people's flats - some which they used strings, and pluggers.  I carry one every ride I take.  The 'plugs' are a great design, and work.
It's like $20 or so.  Cheap insurance.

TigerTrax

FYI..
The Ride-On product is actually manufactured by Amerseal in Kansas.

About 12-13 years ago I was talking with Amerseal about marketing their product under another name. We had all the details, etc pretty much worked out. Then I told them the name.... BONK... sorry, that name is taken  Ride-On!

I have used this stuff for years... it is the very best. It will seal a puncture in ONE revolution. It will NOT corrode wheels or eat into the tire compound. It is NOT flammable. Interesting note... if you leave it exposed to air about 3 months.... it becomes something similar to old
tissue paper.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'