News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pannier Parts - Part #2

Started by BEEZZER, July 27, 2009, 06:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEEZZER

Pannier Parts - Part #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several weeks ago I posted looking for the little bracket that locates the pannier to the brace on the pedal.Hadn''t really thought about why it was there until I went to remove the pannier last week. It was the right hand side and to my dismay it had melted to the exhaust. Came off-- leaving hole in pannier. ( curiously I had had them off before with no trouble so it must have been the way I loaded it or something.)

Have now 1) moved the bracket from left to right and 2) made new bracket for left side.

Just wondering if anybody who has misfortune to trash their panniers in some fashion or another still has the the inner case ( not lid) for the right side??

Geoff

2004Tiger

What color? What year? My black 2004 right side pannier has the lid crushed and repaired, and I continue to use it. The inside clamshell is intact, so I'm looking for a good black replacement lid. If you need black, and we can find a decent whole pannier, I'll split it with you. Or even easier, you can have my inside piece if we can find a whole one for me. Conversly, do you wish to part with your good black lid?
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

BEEZZER

2002 Black. have patched my inside with racer tape so still ok for me. Your idea of finding one and splitting is the best so far so i guess we'll both keep looking?

Geoff

BEEZZER

EvilBetty

Keep an eye out on eBay.  I've seen inside cases go for VERY cheap a few times in the last few months.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD