News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HELP!!!!! clutch dragging ON TRIP!!! '99 Girly 885 FI

Started by xtphreak, July 06, 2009, 02:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtphreak

ok guys, I'm 1000 miles from home in New Hampshire.

all of a sudden, the clutch feels softer, easier to pull in, but then I realize that it isn't disengaging, can't get into neutral at a stop.

I adjust the cable slack at the lever, works ok for a little bit, then same thing

I stop and take up adjustment at the clutch end to regain some adjustment at the lever, soon it's doing the same thing

HELP????

can it be the cable getting ready to snap?

I don't feel any dragging like a frayed cable, what the heck is going on?

oil level is OK

I'm looking online for the nearest dealer for tomorrow, dang it the SS1000 was going to be tomorrow (rained and rained on the way up so it got hosed)

any suggestions?

solutions?

is there anything in the forum about adjusting the clutch, not just the cable???

I just checked into a motel with WiFi, so I'll be searching and hoping for someone to offer a solution.

iansoady

Roll pin attaching the lever to the spindle broken?
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Mustang

all better and he's back on the road ....needed a cable

xtphreak

Quote from: "Mustang"all better and he's back on the road ....needed a cable

and since one wasn't available ... Mustang made an adapter so I could get home on his 02 Bonnie cable ...

and I'm still waiting on the dealer to get me a proper replacement so I can return his cable to him

props to Mustang, helped a stranger (very few stranger than I  :lol:) get home, no muss no fuss

Mustang

Had to order one huh ?, 2-3 weeks like everything else for a triumph ........ :roll:

xtphreak

Quote from: "Mustang"Had to order one huh ?, 2-3 weeks like everything else for a triumph ........ :roll:

and then wait AGAIN, 'cause they ordered a THROTTLE cable instead of clutch!!!!   :roll:

Mustang

Quote from: "xtphreak"
Quote from: "Mustang"Had to order one huh ?, 2-3 weeks like everything else for a triumph ........ :roll:

and then wait AGAIN, 'cause they ordered a THROTTLE cable instead of clutch!!!!   :roll:
two words  for ya

Bike bandit

I just placed an order 7-13 it got here today on the steps
everything was correct . :shock:

xtphreak

already did  :)

maybe it'll be here next week

and "if" they ever get it right, why then I'll have the spare to install right beside the one in use, like I do on dirt bikes

and hey now I already have the "spare" throttle cable too

hopefully your Bonnie cable will also return to its rightful home as soon as one of them GETS ME A CABLE!!!!!!!

TURTELLE

Check with your local shop. There was a recall on the clutch cables. New ones have a fancy nylon sleve on 'em. May save ya some bucks or give you an extra clutch cable. Either is good to have...jus sayin.
Just one of those days...