News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly Fairing - Headlight Gasket

Started by EvilBetty, July 30, 2009, 10:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

Ok I'm confused.  I've now seen 3 fairings without headlight gaskets, and I'm trying to figure out why.

My fairing has the gasket installed to the back of the fairing, but I've now seen 2 new and one used with no gasket installed.

Was mine by chance installed on the fairing when it should of have been installed to the headlight housing?!
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

EvilBetty

Well on closer inspection of the fairing I just bought, it has residue from the old headlight gasket.  Wondering why they removed it.  The fairing is in pristine condition so I doubt the gasket had weathered too bad.

Hmm... anyone had to install a new headlight gasket before?  Wondering how tricky they are to install correctly.  I can't find a price for one on Bike Bandit either.

EvilBetty

Well I'm still having problems working this one out.

I called the dealer and looked at the fiche from BikeBandit, and all I'm coming up with is these...

It may be them but I'm not really sure.  I don't see anything else on the housing that might be what is in the diagram.

Anyway, this is what I need.

Can anyone confirm this before I buy them?

Anyone applied them to a fairing before have any tips on lining them up properly?