News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

rear running light out help 2000 tiger

Started by thundergod, December 07, 2010, 07:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundergod

so all the fronts worrk aswel as the turn indicators and the brake light from both levers but no rear running light bulbs are good
not sure where to look have no lit on the bike 2000 Girly

Timbox2

If your absolutely sure the front side/position bulbs are on then that rules the fuse out which feeds front and back so I would then go for the 3 pole connector which I believe is under the rear panel, ( remove luggage rack which holds panel on) According to my wiring diagram the feed going to the connector is yellow for the side lights and red coming out going to the lamp, so you could undo the connector and check you have 12v coming in, the fact you have brake lights sort of rules an earth issue out as its common for side and brake, hope this helps
2016 Tiger Sport

thundergod

thanks ill check where is the fuse supposed to be though

Timbox2

Quote from: "thundergod"thanks ill check where is the fuse supposed to be though

In the fuse box under the seat, Fuse No 10, 5Amp, well it is on mine (2005)
2016 Tiger Sport

John Stenhouse

You have checked the bulbs I take it? Sometimes they get a bit damp and grotty inside the bulb holder.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

2004Tiger

Even easier: When you remove the lens to check continuity in your bulbs, you can probe the socket for voltage. Also clean the contacts.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

notch

Quote from: "Timbox2"According to my wiring diagram the feed going to the connector is yellow for the side lights and red coming out going to the lamp

Absolutely correct.