News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lucked out....dodged a ticket today

Started by RT, August 16, 2009, 03:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT

Riding back home this morning across one of the local bridges passed a police vehicle that had a cager pulled over.  Problem was I was going to fast when I passed them.  In Florida you have to change to far lane or reduce your speed to 20 mph under the speed limit.   I couldn't get over and was only down to about 45 when I passed them.  Was a speed trap set up on bridge so was waved over by the next officer in line.   Thought I was going to get a speeding ticket since I was going 80 when I approached the bridge but had fortunately slowed down to speed limit just when i got on.   He explained they were stopping for speeding and failure to move over.  Told me I failed to move over properly.  I agreed and said yes I was aware of law and had screwed up. Lucked out that the officer that pulled me over was also a biker.    So we talked for a few minutes, was riding my America and he asked about the bike. He than checked my license and cut me a brake with a warning.  Good thing it's a $121.00 ticket!
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

$120 is chump change.  Tickets here start at double that. :evil:
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

France is the worst place to get caught speeding that I know of:

http://english.controleradar.org/speeding-fines.php[/url]
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

RT

Quote from: "JetdocX"$120 is chump change.  Tickets here start at double that. :evil:

$120 was just the failure to move over.  Speeding ticket would have been at least twice as much is not more, plus having to take a class to avoid points
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

Bixxer Bob

I got pulled doing 62 in a 56 in Iceland,  cost me £120 ($200) and that was after discount for a first offence!!!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...