News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955i Tiger Recall - Lugage Rack?

Started by EvilBetty, September 15, 2009, 10:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

2004Tiger

I have had my luggage rack off and reinstalled it. I found no fault with the fasteners or general engineering of the unit.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

Stretch

Quote from: "2004Tiger"I have had my luggage rack off and reinstalled it. I found no fault with the fasteners or general engineering of the unit.

Same here.  I'm curious how the thing's going to play out.

The linked article seems a bit dubious.  The title says 'recall', the body of the story suggests a possible rumored recall stemming from a problem listed by an un-named Italian source, and Triumph hasn't issued a statement at all.

Hmmm.

iansoady

Wasn't it the 1050 that had this "issue" and ISTR that it was stated to be intentional, to allow the top box to move preventing weaving.

I must say I found that explanation baffling.......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

CvPiper

It was for the 1050 Tiger and Sprint, and to do with incorrect (usually customer) fitting not allowing correct movement of the rack as required.
2005 Tiger 955i, Lucifer Orange
3 Box Luggage
Rider and Pillion Gel Seats
Touring Screen
TOR Can
Scottoiller
Autocom (Work in Progress)