News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A black day.

Started by Nick Calne, August 26, 2009, 12:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "nickcalne"Mirrors - Think I'll try Sprint Manufacturing in Westbury. Sin-Tiger did you order a set of these recently?

Indicators - There are millions on ebay, but no specific tiger ones.  Are any other similar vintage ones compatible?

Glad to hear you got help, pity it's the inconsiderate ones we tend to remember  :evil:

Yes I got the extended ones from Sprint, Trev is a top guy for help. The brief riding I did with them was good, I fitted rubber boots over the mounts, been meaning to post it up so this is a good reminder.

Indicators have a makers name and number inside, not to hand at the moment.

I did a quick eyeball of the Touratech folding gear lever for the Varadero and that looks like it might fit, I have quite a few things to post up when I can sit down and concentrate.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Unbelievable!  The same bloody guy nearly did the same thing to me yesterday at the same place!  Saw the B*stard coming this time and dodged him.

Clocked him properly this time.  The question is.....report him to the police who, based on their previous performance, will do nothing - or go round and kick the living daylights out him.... :twisted:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

oxnsox

Both..... :idea:

(Well, without the kicking.) Just tell him hes a pratt and you're off to the rossers with his plate number and address.  Next time he sees you he'll either brake....  :D  
...or accelerate.....  :evil:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris Canning

Been there,done that,two weeks down the line,I average an hour and half sleep before the pain killers wear off,if your looking for the plus's we had no mobile coverage and it was a case of getting it sorted ourselves,and then a 300 mile ride home,a couple of days later.

Thank heavens for good crash bars!!!!

The plus!!,the bike wore well apart from pegs and gear lever.

The minus's my missus bounces far better than i do :( ,spent months trying to track down an old discontinued HG jacket that came the day before and buggered that as well  :evil:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7795

daveb

Quote from: "nickcalne"Unbelievable!  The same bloody guy nearly did the same thing to me yesterday at the same place!  Saw the B*stard coming this time and dodged him.

Clocked him properly this time.  The question is.....report him to the police who, based on their previous performance, will do nothing - or go round and kick the living daylights out him.... :twisted:

fit an action cam to your bike, and capture the guy at his best. you have the evidence on film.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "daveb"fit an action cam to your bike, and capture the guy at his best. you have the evidence on film.

+1 they are cheap as chips for single cam ones these days. I have been experimenting with a dual cam one that also has a GPS built in. Early days yet but i have already caught a couple of howlers.  :x
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

glad your well, what kit was you wearing looking to buy new stuff and you've crashed tested yours :oops:  cheers Spud

Nick Calne

The thing that struck me was that wearing jeans is no defence against tarmac.

The other things that struck me was a post thingy on a crash barrier, on the head.  The AGV helmet seemed to do an admirable job.  :oops:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?