News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Silicone sealant

Started by Nick Calne, September 22, 2009, 11:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Just spent the last few evenings scrabbling around on the floor installing an SW Motech centre stand - which is more difficult than you'd imagine... but that's another story...

One thing I noticed was someone had sealed up one of the breather pipes with silicone sealant.  Any ideas why?  Or was this just another example of tiger abuse at the hands of a previous owner? :evil:

I pulled the plug...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Mustang

Quote from: "nickcalne"One thing I noticed was someone had sealed up one of the breather pipes with silicone sealant.  Any ideas why?  Or was this just another example of tiger abuse at the hands of a previous owner? :evil:

I pulled the plug...

if it was the hose coming from the air box it is really a water drain pipe and originally had a plastic plug that fit in the end of the hose to keep the air box from sucking shit back into the motor .

You are supposed to remove the plug during service and drain out any crud thats in there and then reseal it .

Nick Calne

Nice one mustang.  I'll find something decent to seal it up.  Not bathroom sealant!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

coachgeo

Quote from: "nickcalne"Nice one mustang.  I'll find something decent to seal it up.  Not bathroom sealant!
Would it not be better to find a decent plug that you can remove to drain stuff as intended?
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Stretch