News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

what wheels fit a steamer?

Started by geno955i, August 11, 2009, 09:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geno955i

:)
Hi FOLKS,
Just wondering do any of you guys know which wheels from another  triumph fit a steamer,ive seen a picture of a steamer with a trophy rear wheel on this site.
i only use my tiger on the street and want wider rubber and the supermoto look.
   Any info would be great......geno
bikes are for life..cars are just obstacles..

bjago

That bike is mine and any rear wheel from the T300 series should fit, from a 93 to 98 from a Trophy, 885 and 1200 Daytonas preaty much any of the earlier Triumphs with the eccentric axle adjusters. The difference may be the brake rotors or the sprocket carrier. But Triumph used a modular design concept on their return in the early ninties. Good luck

05 Triumph Tiger 45K miles (lucifer orange)
98 Triumph Tiger 80K miles (sold)
98 Triumph T595 33K miles (sold :-(
04 MV Agusta Brutale 2500 miles (wifes)
93 GSXR 1100 85K miles (totalled)
91 GSXR 750 75K miles (sold)
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

geno955i

8)
Thanks......was it a straight fit without alterations..and is a front swap possible

bjago

Quote from: "geno955i"8)
Thanks......was it a straight fit without alterations..and is a front swap possible

Yeah the wheel and all parts attached to it were a direct bolt up. I'm still considering the front wheel I will attempt that this coming weekend.
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

geno955i

GREAT STUFF BJAGO,
thanks for the info,ive got a rear wheel on the way from ebay,let me know how the front works out...
p.s ive seen a tiger in the uk with both,and guy said handling was improved... :)

geno955i

:)  rear wheel arrived today ,perfect straight swap,tiger hub,spacers and cush drive fit .
just need a brake disc now and thats the rear sorted..next stop the front..
check out..http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/bikes5.html  
this site has a few steamer conversions..

bjago

Quote from: "geno955i":)  rear wheel arrived today ,perfect straight swap,tiger hub,spacers and cush drive fit .
just need a brake disc now and thats the rear sorted..next stop the front..
check out..http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/bikes5.html  
this site has a few steamer conversions..

Thats awesome, I have been putting off the front wheel swap. I am planning on getting it together this coming weekend. Wish me luck.  :D
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

Stretch

Quote from: "bjago"That bike is mine and any rear wheel from the T300 series should fit, from a 93 to 98 from a Trophy, 885 and 1200 Daytonas preaty much any of the earlier Triumphs with the eccentric axle adjusters. The difference may be the brake rotors or the sprocket carrier. But Triumph used a modular design concept on their return in the early ninties. Good luck

I dig the ground-off centerstand.   :rock-1

JetdocX

I love the stickers on that side of the swingarm!  Stop!  Read the fucking manual!  Grommet! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

Stretch

Quote from: "JetdocX"I love the stickers on that side of the swingarm!  Stop!  Read the fucking manual!  Grommet! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sin_Tiger

Hinckley Hieroglyphics  :lol:

"No Cast Wheels"   :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

bjago

Quote from: "Stretch"
Quote from: "bjago"That bike is mine and any rear wheel from the T300 series should fit, from a 93 to 98 from a Trophy, 885 and 1200 Daytonas preaty much any of the earlier Triumphs with the eccentric axle adjusters. The difference may be the brake rotors or the sprocket carrier. But Triumph used a modular design concept on their return in the early ninties. Good luck

I dig the ground-off centerstand.   :rock-1

That damn stand has been a love hate relationship. Obviously its has seen the road a couple of times, the foot pad is LONG gone I need the assistance of a 2 x 4 under the rear wheel to get the bike up enough to lever the beast onto the flimsy nightmare of a stand, but I love the flexible nature of the damn thing too. If the stand was engineered strong and stiff it wouldn't get out of the way so easily in turns  :eusa_dance
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

bjago

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Hinckley Hieroglyphics  :lol:

"No Cast Wheels"   :wink:

I know I am a heretic and its an abomination to swap to the dark side and get rid of he spoked wheels, but damn I HATE flats and I think my spokes were getting loose (pun intended). The old girl feels you and tight again.  :5moped
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

geno955i

well folks.
the wheel upgrade continues.i now have the same rear setup as bjango,including colour which i will change in time.
i have a 99 trophy front wheel on the way ...ebay stricks again.
hopefully that will be as easy to fit...also have a replacement set of carbs to fit as mine were very problematic lately.. :)