News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Jasper ARKANSAS - Mid October 2009 . . .

Started by TigerTrax, September 10, 2009, 02:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

We're planning on it for sure.  We're just trying to figure out a few things before we go.

Trying to decide whether to stay at the Hub or the Cliff House Inn...

What route to take down from Kansas City...

And since we are on two separate bikes... intercom or no intercom.  And if yes, then which one.  If I'm going to spend some money on it I'd like it to be Bluetooth and work with my phone and my TomTom 510 as well.  But that's probably a different thread :)
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

TigerTrax

Betty...
You'll probably want to stay at the HUB....

Cliff House is 5-7 miles SOUTH of Jasper; The HUB is about 7 miles NORTH
of Jasper.

SOme folks will be camping at Shady Oaks, 2 miles from the HUB.

Most activities at the HUB or Shady Oaks.

There are a couple of chalets with 3-4 bedrooms that we can get... they are at the HUB. Very nice.  I am working on that now.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

EvilBetty

Looks like I'll be riding down on my own bike while Patty will be following me down on her Buell Blast  :shock: .  Guess I'll look at getting a King bed room at the HUB.

TigerTrax

Betty...
One chalet is now full...

the 2nd one has 3 bedrooms (queen beds )...
I may be able to get that also.... there may be some
others interested..... they are very nice ... 100 ft from HUB !

We may have 2 people interested. If you say yes... I guarantee you will 'flip-out' . ... these are vacation homes.... not cabins.
 Costs: Chalet #4 is $120 for 2 & $15 ea additional, 3 bedroom, 2 bath.
So for 4 people ( 2 single + one couple )  $165 per night total ($ 41.25 ea per night ).

These are really nice.... everything in them! Like a vacation home.

TigerTrax

Small 'STREAK' of Tiger will arrive in Eureka Springs Fri Morning for B'Fast. We will 'diddle' around for awhile and work our way to Jasper.

mailto:ridergroup@cox.net">ridergroup@cox.net

jsingraham

So what are the riding plans for Sat, anyone have one set at this point?  

I am hoping to come, and I think Brink and the Caponord may actually be around that weekend, so I might drag him along too.  I probably won't leave till Sat morning though and might try to hook up for lunch with you all if I knew where you would be.  

Jerry and Jim, I have you cell numbers so I may just call you that morning to see what the plans are as I head out of KC and sprint down there.

Jason in KC
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

EvilBetty

Yeah Patty and I would like to have a better idea of "the plan" as well.  We've never been to something like this before, so our plans at this point consist of riding down Friday and then staying at the HUB.  We don't have a clue after that.

TigerTrax

Betty...
One of the things that has made these Tiger gatherings a real success is that we do not schedule events other than meals and if something special is taking place. The reason: There is much to do and see. Some folks like to ride on their own some join a group. We have day rides and 1/2 day loops.

Many a Tiger rider has simply shown up and everything falls into place
and they love it. I guarantee.... you show up, you'll just join in. You'll see
some sights and gorgeous scenery.

You cannot ride all the roads in the area in a weeks time let alone 2 days!

Nocage

Since this trip started as a "breakfast gathering", the only thing I have arranged is breakfast Sat. at the Cliff House.  Looks like we have about a dozen riders so far who are planning on coming down.  Most are staying at the Hub or one of the chalets by the Hub.  
I will probably go down a day or two early and ride over to Eureka Springs on Friday and meet the group coming down from NE.  We could all meet up at the Hub for supper on Friday evening.  If that sounds ok, let me know and I'll arrange it at the Hub.
Sat. is breakfast at the Cliff House around 9:00am.  After that....go riding!!  There are plenty of great roads and routes  to choose from so I'm sure there will be groups taking different trips.  
I don't have any plans for Sat night, so if anyone wants to suggest something let me know.  If you have questions about the area let me know and Ill try to help.

E mail me at:  trophy1298 at hotmail.com
Jim
04 Lucifer Tiger

EvilBetty

Tomsblutiger1

Ok, We should have beautiful weather for this thing.  Heading to Lincoln Thursday and then will be at the Hub Friday afternoon.  Hope to see you all there.  Ride safe!
06 Tiger 955i Caspian Blue

EvilBetty

We're planning on leaving KC just before noon and cruising down :)

TigerTrax

Right now.... looks like 13-14 riders coming down to Jasper...

'Let's Go' Jim says, think I'll go down to the Cliff House for breakfast
(10+ hour ride ). I says, "Maybe we can get some riders to meet us!"
Jims says, "Yeah, they could do that!"

So here they all are gittin ready to ride in cold rain for a few days in the sun. Pert neer hard to grasp!

Innyone else care to join us: This Sattyday mornin:
Cliff House  just a bit south of Jasper . . . Arkansas that iz.

brad1098

A last minute IN.  

300 miles to the HUB.

I called HUB and plenty of rooms left.  I would split a room if anybody else is riding down solo.

Should be there 7-8pm depending on when I get out of here.

Looking forward to it.  :D
02 black-Lorna

EvilBetty

Same here!  We fought some last minute technical difficulties, but we'll be leaving around 9:00 AM tomorrow with about 6 hours driving time, but I'm sure we'll be pulling over a lot :D