News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Miki main jet needle

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 10, 2009, 10:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Does anybody know what the markings on the standard needle should be?

Some bright spark has stuck DynoJet needles in her, and a few other shoddy "tuning" modifications, they have no markings at all and no adjustment.

Getting there slowly  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

MIMbox

FYI theres a Tiger being broken, including a set of carbs, on ebay uk
Item is 110433436050, and seller is
 http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/ans-motorcycle-brakers/
His spelling, not mine!!

Sin_Tiger

Thanks, there is some good stuff coming up at reasonable money, problem is I am in Singapore, don't have a PP account etc.

My local mechanic has just about identified the bits that he can get locally except for the needles. Since the DynoJet ones have no markings and I don't believe they listed a kit for the Steamer there is no way he can identify them or make a comparison with direct Miki parts stock.

If I don't get any joy I might have to go with a complete assy and hope that I get a good unmolested set.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Does anybody know what the markings on the standard needle should be?

Some bright spark has stuck DynoJet needles in her, and a few other shoddy "tuning" modifications, they have no markings at all and no adjustment.

Getting there slowly  :roll:

according to bike bandit
( which uses the standard triumph microfiche)

The needles for a mikuni for a tiger are

SE 56-3

MAIN JET #105

PILOT JET #40

hope this helps

Sin_Tiger

Thanks Mustang, Leaky also managed to confirm on the "Talk Me Down" thread.

It seems that these carbs were used on a few of the larger 90's Suzuki's, my mechanic is making notes for future referrence. He has already identified the floats and diapragms and checking slides etc.