News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Air Races!

Started by JetdocX, September 19, 2009, 04:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Hellcat, biznitches! :D

I got more....
From parts unknown.

JetdocX

From parts unknown.

JetdocX

Riff Raff!  Hawker Sea Fury???  Yeah, it's British.

Love the paint on this one!

From parts unknown.

coachgeo

ahhhhhh the Reno Air races.  Lived in Reno 8+ years and had to work thru every damn one.  Never saw them cept from a distance.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

JetdocX

And you left for Texas?  The riding around here is far superior, IMO. :lol:
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

Beautiful planes.  Just love the pics -- got more?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

aeronca

i almost made it this year, but am out of vacation. next year i'm havin some beer's with you in the vally of speed.     eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

P-38 Lightning  (The one recovered from the glacier in Greenland, Lost Squadron)

Miss America P-51

Another Bearcat

Crew works on Voodoo, Unlimited Gold Class P-51

Staging
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

Just love the planes of this era.  I think there is a similarity between motorbikes and how planes work - the power, the lightness, how they get painted / customised, how they are quite stripped down / basic etc

I think the Supermarine Spitfire is the most beautiful thing man has ever created, but the have to say P51 it ain't too bad either!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JetdocX

I'm partial to the Sea Fury.   :D

I saw a Spitfire out there, but wasn't fast enough with the camera or was too far into the afternoon rum, hard to say which. :lol:
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Cracking pics JD, quite fancy a "Bad Kitty" tat for somewhere on the Tiger.

I grew up with a love of of the old Eglish Electric Lightning, I believe it only recently lost the title of the fastest vertical climbing aircraft.

There was a brutal efficiency about it that appealed to the engineer in me, huge engine - check, cockpit - check, wings - err excuse me Mr. designer can you tack some wings onto this thing. :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

I'm with Nick on the planes form this era... They went from being incredibly fantastic machines of wood and wire and string to being the sorts of machine we see here...
Actually this weekend here there was a Battle of Britain Memorial flypast and show at a local field. Not quite like Reno, but worth going to a high point to watch the action... and hear the thunder...
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TigerTrax

After I got out of the NAvy I worked at installing missle warning systems on F-4's headed for Israel .... the hanger next to us has about 6 P-38
some guy had just bought and he was headed over seas with them in
late 1960's..... where I don't know. They were all painted black.

I guess I need to go to the Reno Air Races .... very cool!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

JetdocX

Quote from: "TigerTrax"I guess I need to go to the Reno Air Races .... very cool!

The riding around here does not suck, also. :wink:
From parts unknown.

John Stenhouse

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Cracking pics JD, quite fancy a "Bad Kitty" tat for somewhere on the Tiger.

I grew up with a love of of the old Eglish Electric Lightning, I believe it only recently lost the title of the fastest vertical climbing aircraft.

There was a brutal efficiency about it that appealed to the engineer in me, huge engine - check, cockpit - check, wings - err excuse me Mr. designer can you tack some wings onto this thing. :lol:

Also had the worst glide angle short of a brick, great plane though, there's a guy in South Africa who will take you up in one if you have the money.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting